The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-26-2021, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKPhil View Post
Don't know how or why I missed this! What a lovely story and beautiful guitar. Congratulations!!
Thanks so much Phil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnbys View Post
Love everything about this - thanks for such an encouraging and fun post! As a past receiver of the gift of a fine guitar, I understand what that particular expression of grace feels like. Very happy for you - play on bro!
Thanks for watching and for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh1967 View Post
This is such a great post. Congratulations on a lovely guitar, and a lovely friendship!
Thanks very much!
Old 08-23-2022, 06:48 AM

Default Update from OP

I've had this lovely Eastman E8OM-TC for over a year now and I figured I'd come back and post an update. I re-read my initial post, which in most of our cases here at the AGF, tend to be somewhat "rose-colored." However, I found my initial observations hold true today. This is one heckuva guitar!

It has opened up over the year I've had it, whether that means I've gotten more used to the tone it produces or it has in fact changed, who's to say? I have played around with strings over the past year and found mediums tend to fit my style better, as well as give the guitar a bit bigger voice. Right now it has DR Rare mediums on it, but honestly, I haven't tried any string I didn't like on it. GHS Vintage Bronze were quite good on it (though they were lights...need to try mediums there as well).

I'm still surprised at how well it does in drop tunings, even down to CGCGCD. Right now it's in standard, but I like it everywhere. I've been working on Tommy Emmanuel's arrangement of Billy Joel's "And So It Goes", and I must say, it goes quite well with this guitar!

The biggest thing, the best thing, is that each time I play it, I'm reminded of the kindness of the friend who passed it on to me. And each time I'm still blown away. It's easy to get jaded and cynical these days, but playing this guitar serves as a good reminder that good people still walk this earth.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:03 AM
Charter Member

Every time I think about a 000-28, I stop and am paralyzed by this model. Haven’t acted, though!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
e8om, eastman