The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-19-2020, 10:30 AM

Default 5/19 only Blackstar bedroom/travel 12watt 2x3 $99

this is odd, but may be what someone here needs/wants. Battery powered, bluetooth, headphone jack. $99 instead of $230. I'm not endorsing it, but a small part of me is tempted. If it was an 8 inch, I'd be tempted. But I'm old school. I guess the Yamahas do pretty well with tiny speakers.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid
Old 05-19-2020, 12:52 PM

I have plenty of tiny amps but this one is also designed to work with acoustics guitars. It's been tempting me too...
Old 05-19-2020, 01:48 PM
Charter Member

I had a MF points and i've wanted a battery-powered amp, so i picked one of these up today. Cost me $65 tax included. Will report back when i get it.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
I had a MF points and i've wanted a battery-powered amp, so i picked one of these up today. Cost me $65 tax included. Will report back when i get it.
Cool. Post a thread here when you get it.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:58 PM

I have one - along with the carrying case they make for it, the stand adapter, the Li-ion battery, and the power supply, as well as the 12-watt extension cab. They entire thing is about as ideal a set up as I can imagine for busking, etc. Takes electric or acoustic with ease, and provides more than sufficient volume for that task. Plus - if you wish, you can use the amp for the audience on a stand and the extension cab as a monitor.

I wish this deal had been available when I bought mine!
Old 05-19-2020, 04:58 PM

Hope ya got it while the gettin' was good... Sold out.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:21 PM

Default 2 parallel Stupid Deals?

SO I don't know how I got there, but I have 2 windows open in my browser (Safari, but it shouldn't matter), each shows the same url - https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid - but with different Deals!
One has the Blackstar amp and one has their cheapie wood guitar case, both have a countdown clock running with the same time-to-go, the only odd thing is, the Blackstar page has a 800-449-9128 phone number, and the guitar case has 877-560-3807.
Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?
I'm almost afraid to call MF to find out...
Old 05-19-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhard_k View Post
SO I don't know how I got there, but I have 2 windows open in my browser (Safari, but it shouldn't matter), each shows the same url - https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid - but with different Deals!
One has the Blackstar amp and one has their cheapie wood guitar case, both have a countdown clock running with the same time-to-go, the only odd thing is, the Blackstar page has a 800-449-9128 phone number, and the guitar case has 877-560-3807.
Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?
I'm almost afraid to call MF to find out...
Never call. Just order if you want it. A couple of years ago they mispriced some Epiphone ES-175 premiums. Korean made. thin matte Lacquer. USA 57 classic pickups. A bunch of us ordered them. As time went by folks got nervous and called. "Oh yeah. That was a compute mistake and all orders were cancelled. Sorry. Here's a $25 coupon. Some of us didn't call. We got $900 guitars for $375. The pickups are worth $300 new...

So yeah... Never call.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Never call. Just order if you want it. A couple of years ago they mispriced some Epiphone ES-175 premiums. Korean made. thin matte Lacquer. USA 57 classic pickups. A bunch of us ordered them. As time went by folks got nervous and called. "Oh yeah. That was a compute mistake and all orders were cancelled. Sorry. Here's a $25 coupon. Some of us didn't call. We got $900 guitars for $375. The pickups are worth $300 new...

So yeah... Never call.
Haha! I remember that deal well. I played mine last night.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

I received my SDOTD Blackstar Super Fly yesterday.

First impressions, solid little plastic box with cool kickstand. No ac adapter, that is an add on at about $35-40. Comes with 8 AA batteries.

Sounds
Very good with my single coil Danelectro U2 electric. Nice full cleans, and nice crunch. Definitely not a toy sound. Reverb sounds like a hall reverb.

With a Taylor 114 acoustic with the ES-T, it is ok. It is a bit mid-rangey, adding some bass helps. It does sound a bit compressed.

The vocal channel is very thin sounding.

So obviously, there are limitations with two 3" speakers and 2 ports. I think it makes a real nice busking amp, it gets pretty loud for what it is. For a practice amp, i think it is expensive at regular price and there are better amps at this price point. Glad I got it at a Stupid deal price.

Last edited by jricc; 05-28-2020 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:19 PM

I caved and bought one too. Just because I have never had a tiny amp that works with acoustics too. Not really ready to review yet but positive first impressions. Both my guitar and my neighbors gently weep as I fumble through my George Harrison impression. Think I even heard a dog howling.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars