The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-24-2020, 04:31 PM

Let me help with this Ralph, I don't actually think that out of all the guitars ever produced and currently existing in the entire world, that I have found the only one I could ever consider as "The One".

And thanks for the clever lottery example, rather than a direct insult!

I thought my reference sample would be obvious but since it wasn't, let me correct the record.
Giffin Vikta
Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 '59 Historic RI
‘91 Les Paul Standard
‘52 AVRI Tele - Richie Baxt build
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Fender Fat Strat
Old 01-24-2020, 04:37 PM
Charter Member

At this point in this thread I'm feeling in the minority responding only to the OP question! I'm with those who have encouraged you to buy it if it's special to you and you can afford it. Know that there is a chance it will get damaged, likely won't be worth 'used' what you pay for it new and that at some point in the future another guitar will also seem irresistible. Given all this, I still say yes!
Old 01-24-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodallboy View Post
Let me help with this Ralph, I don't actually think that out of all the guitars ever produced and currently existing in the entire world, that I have found the only one I could ever consider as "The One".

And thanks for the clever lottery example, rather than a direct insult!

I thought my reference sample would be obvious but since it wasn't, let me correct the record.
It was not meant any kind of insult direct or otherwise - apologies if you took it as such. However low the chances of finding something is, there will be people (lot of people) who will find things. Lucky them.

If your reference sample is out of the guitars you've played then I just don't understand how anyone could argue with you. Your point seems so entirely reasonable as to be completely uncontentious, hence my confusion and wanting to check. I was merely trying to tread carefully as you might have meant that you thought there was one and only one and you found it... And even if that turned out to be what you meant, well who am I to say there isn't and/or you didn't?

Last edited by RalphH; 01-24-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:58 PM

I admire the idea of "the one," a lifer, but haven't quite managed this in actual practice. The One may never change -- it's always the perfect guitar for me, but I myself do change over time, which changes which one is The One.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
gas, lowden