The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 11-22-2018, 10:24 AM
eatswodo's Avatar
eatswodo eatswodo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Oh, you enablers! After the post about the new Emeralds in stock, I looked... goodness, a bunch of beautiful guitars with no wait! No, I don't need another guitar, but if someone is "considering," they sure have some beautiful offerings right now.

Christmas is coming.
There are some nice discounts on a handful of Opus models also - in particular, an X20 Baritone for $1560 sounds like a heck of a deal.
__________________
David Eastwood
Guitars, I've got a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-22-2018, 10:34 AM
kramster's Avatar
kramster kramster is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post

Christmas is coming.
Yes it always is
__________________
YUP....
Emerald: X-20, Center hole X-10 (Maple) and X-7 (redwood), Amicus, Paduak X7,X10, & X30, Spalted Chen Chen X 10,
CA: Early OX and Cargo
Blackbird: Savoy
RainSong: CH-OM, CH-WS
Journey: OF660
McPherson: Touring(Honeycomb and gold), Sable
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Captain Jim Captain Jim is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Yes it always is
OK, Christmas is coming SOON! There is still time for Christmas delivery if one buys one of the "in stock" guitars. Soon.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-22-2018, 11:49 AM
Methos1979's Avatar
Methos1979 Methos1979 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seacoast, NH
Posts: 4,052
Default

Wow! I love that cocobolo X10 on the website!! If I wasn't waiting on a custom already...
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------

Methos1979: Every guitar-related review I've written on AGF!

NO1U Know - our official acoustic duo website
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-27-2018, 12:26 PM
karlhawaii karlhawaii is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Update: Requesting information from Emerald guitar owners who have gone through the shipping and waiting process.

Emerald shipped out the guitar on November 21, and I received the following note from USPS yesterday:

"Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 5:48 pm on November 26, 2018."

Does anyone know what ISC is, and what is processing...is it Customs?
I am guessing there was heavy shipping for Black Friday week, so the guitar has been in transit for 5 days so far; currently in New York.

Last edited by karlhawaii; 11-27-2018 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Update
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-27-2018, 12:34 PM
raysachs's Avatar
raysachs raysachs is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhawaii View Post
Update: Requesting information from Emerald guitar owners who have gone through the shipping and waiting process.

Emerald shipped out the guitar on November 21, and I received the following note from USPS yesterday:

"Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 5:48 pm on November 26, 2018."

Does anyone know what ISC is, and what is processing...is it Customs?
I am guessing there was heavy shipping for Black Friday week, so the guitar has been in transit for 5 days so far; currently in New York.
Yeah, it's through customs - now it's in the USPS system and should be on it's way to you with just typical USPS shipping delays which can range from no problems at all to any number of problems. I have one that just shipped Friday, and I see that's it's left Heathrow for the US (and it should be in the US by now), but haven't gotten that notice yet.

The other time I ordered something from them, once it got through customs, I had it the next day (from New York to just outside of Philly). I'm not counting on anything being that quick this time of year...

-Ray
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-27-2018, 12:59 PM
121 121 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 596
Default

ISC=International Sorting Center
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-27-2018, 01:20 PM
karlhawaii karlhawaii is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Yeah, it's through customs - now it's in the USPS system and should be on it's way to you with just typical USPS shipping delays which can range from no problems at all to any number of problems. I have one that just shipped Friday, and I see that's it's left Heathrow for the US (and it should be in the US by now), but haven't gotten that notice yet.

The other time I ordered something from them, once it got through customs, I had it the next day (from New York to just outside of Philly). I'm not counting on anything being that quick this time of year...

-Ray
Thanks for the info, Ray. Perhaps just a few days more to Hawaii.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-27-2018, 01:21 PM
karlhawaii karlhawaii is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
ISC=International Sorting Center
Thanks, 121!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-27-2018, 02:45 PM
kramster's Avatar
kramster kramster is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,115
Default

Its quite a drive to Hawaii from the main land.... so I have heard anyway ...so that may add weeks...sorry
__________________
YUP....
Emerald: X-20, Center hole X-10 (Maple) and X-7 (redwood), Amicus, Paduak X7,X10, & X30, Spalted Chen Chen X 10,
CA: Early OX and Cargo
Blackbird: Savoy
RainSong: CH-OM, CH-WS
Journey: OF660
McPherson: Touring(Honeycomb and gold), Sable
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-27-2018, 05:57 PM
EvanB EvanB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,984
Default

and when you rent a car in Hawaii the contract says that you cannot drive to any other U.S state. Canoe delivery takes a little more time.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-27-2018, 06:20 PM
karlhawaii karlhawaii is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Its quite a drive to Hawaii from the main land.... so I have heard anyway ...so that may add weeks...sorry
It's a good thing these CF guitars can float. Catch a good ocean current and voila...it's here!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-28-2018, 02:15 AM
kramster's Avatar
kramster kramster is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhawaii View Post
It's a good thing these CF guitars can float. Catch a good ocean current and voila...it's here!
Yes there is that
__________________
YUP....
Emerald: X-20, Center hole X-10 (Maple) and X-7 (redwood), Amicus, Paduak X7,X10, & X30, Spalted Chen Chen X 10,
CA: Early OX and Cargo
Blackbird: Savoy
RainSong: CH-OM, CH-WS
Journey: OF660
McPherson: Touring(Honeycomb and gold), Sable
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-28-2018, 05:39 AM
raysachs's Avatar
raysachs raysachs is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhawaii View Post
It's a good thing these CF guitars can float. Catch a good ocean current and voila...it's here!
Or New Zealand!

I just got that ISC notice too. Based on my one other experience with buying an Emerald direct, I'm guessing that means I'll get the guitar tomorrow. Last time, it shipped on a Friday and I got it the next Thursday. Hopefully that happens again, but almost certainly by Friday or Saturday. Now I can get properly excited!

-Ray

Last edited by raysachs; 11-28-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-28-2018, 09:43 AM
karlhawaii karlhawaii is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Or New Zealand!

I just got that ISC notice too. Based on my one other experience with buying an Emerald direct, I'm guessing that means I'll get the guitar tomorrow. Last time, it shipped on a Friday and I got it the next Thursday. Hopefully that happens again, but almost certainly by Friday or Saturday. Now I can get properly excited!

-Ray
That's encouraging and exciting! Please keep us updated on the progress of your shipment and we'll compare notes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=