The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-06-2019, 11:59 AM

Since we have gone down this rabbit hole , I am compelled to state how much I love that pistachio ad with the elephant in it . Makes me laugh just thinking about it .
Old 01-06-2019, 12:10 PM

Um, has anybody else noticed that the old professor in the Farmers commercial ("We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two") was the skinhead prison-gang leader in the late-90's Oz series...?

Kinda makes me wonder exactly what their convenient payment terms are...
Old 01-06-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Um, has anybody else noticed that the old professor in the Farmers commercial ("We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two") was the skinhead prison-gang leader in the late-90's Oz series...?

Kinda makes me wonder exactly what their convenient payment terms are...
Even worse...the psycho music teacher in "Whiplash". If you haven't seen it...do...you will never pick up a drum stick...ever!!
Old 01-06-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
...Default Why Are Insurance Company Commercials So Stupid ?
Why are most commercials so.........? They just want your money. However they can get it. Any more, if there's a television show we want to watch, especially an hour or longer, we record the first half so we can fast forward through the ads and still end the show on time. Or, watch it later speeding past the commercials. I don't need any pharmaceuticals that can give me; "bloody discharge, gangrene, difficulty breathing or death"

These are the actual listed side effects of JARDIANCE a drug prescribed for Type-2 Diabetes: Dehydration, Vaginal yeast infection, Yeast infection of the penis, Ketoacidosis, ketones in your urine, nausea, vomiting, stomach-area (abdominal) pain, tiredness, or trouble breathing, Kidney problems, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, back pain, nausea or vomiting, Low blood sugar, weakness, dizziness, confusion, irritability, hunger, fast heartbeat, sweating, shaking or feeling jittery.
Necrotizing fasciitis - and may lead to hospitalization, multiple surgeries, and death - and you develop any of the following symptoms in the area between and around your anus and genitals: pain or tenderness, swelling, and redness of skin, Allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:27 PM

how can you just pinpoint insurance commercials? they are all stupid and they drive you crazy. how many times can you hear the wayfair commercial without trashing the tv? or, everyone getting a lincoln for xmas? or, my truck is better than your truck?

how about the drug commercials at dinner time? by the time i've finished eating, i have every disease in the world!!! and, constipation and diarrhea!

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 01-06-2019, 01:37 PM

Chevy is inviting us to join their family (for "family pricing") even as they lay their "family" workforce off.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2001 View Post
Chevy is inviting us to join their family (for "family pricing") even as they lay their "family" workforce off.
Hmmm, maybe they will qualify for “family unemployment:”
Old 01-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2001 View Post
Well but see, they can just move in with Chevy until they get back on their feet . . .
Old 01-06-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
I knew I'd seen him somewhere!

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 01-06-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadcutter View Post
Instant mute button for me are those moronic Progressive Auto Insurance ads with that nitwit in the white smock.
Don't make fun of Flo. Flo is hot.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Why are most commercials so.........? They just want your money. However they can get it. Any more, if there's a television show we want to watch, especially an hour or longer, we record the first half so we can fast forward through the ads and still end the show on time. Or, watch it later speeding past the commercials. I don't need any pharmaceuticals that can give me; "bloody discharge, gangrene, difficulty breathing or death"

These are the actual listed side effects of JARDIANCE a drug prescribed for Type-2 Diabetes: Dehydration, Vaginal yeast infection, Yeast infection of the penis, Ketoacidosis, ketones in your urine, nausea, vomiting, stomach-area (abdominal) pain, tiredness, or trouble breathing, Kidney problems, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, back pain, nausea or vomiting, Low blood sugar, weakness, dizziness, confusion, irritability, hunger, fast heartbeat, sweating, shaking or feeling jittery.
Necrotizing fasciitis - and may lead to hospitalization, multiple surgeries, and death - and you develop any of the following symptoms in the area between and around your anus and genitals: pain or tenderness, swelling, and redness of skin, Allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions.
Right on Steve, and they announce it as fast as they possibly can hoping that you aren’t paying attention.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:53 PM

I might be alone here but don't think I have ever seen a guitar commercial?
Old 01-06-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscmp View Post

how about the drug commercials at dinner time? by the time i've finished eating, i have every disease in the world!!! and, constipation and diarrhea!

play music!

Hey, no tv with dinner!
scott
Old 01-06-2019, 10:43 PM
Charter Member

I think the insurance commercials are some of the best on TV. Allstate mayhem, Geico, Farmers, Nationwide with Peyton Manning and Brad Paisley. They are all pretty good. Progressive is annoying.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwolf View Post
I might be alone here but don't think I have ever seen a guitar commercial?
I've seen Guitar Center ads.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic