The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-01-2020, 08:21 PM

Default Electro Voice Evolve 50 line array VS LD Maui 28 G2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Thanks for posting that clip. So is everything going through that one Maui? Two guitars, vocals, and the drum kit?

Nice performance by the way.

This performance was using two Maui 11s. Yes, everything was going through the Maui’s. I often just use one, but in bigger rooms, I’ll bring two. One can get fairly loud (for acoustic gigs) but two covers a bigger area.

2010 Taylor 814ce
2008 Taylor 816ce
2008 Taylor 426ce LTD (Tasmanian blackwood)

LR Baggs Venue
Ditto X2 Looper
TC Helicon H1 Harmony Pedal
Allen & Heath ZED 10FX
LD Systems Maui 11 G2
Galaxy PA6BT Monitor
iPad with OnSong
JBL EON ONE Compact (typically only used as a backup)

My Facebook Music Page
My YouTube Page
Old 06-02-2020, 07:48 AM

You may want to include the EV 30M in your search as well. It is similar to the EV 50, but has built in mixer with more inputs, etc. The wattage is the same, but it has a slightly lower SPL. The sub is a 10" sub, which I feels matches very nicely with my acoustic guitar.

Initially, I was looking at the EV 50, but felt it was a little too big for my solo acoustic/vocal performances and that the mixer was a bit limited. When the 30M came out, it looked to be exactly what I was looking for. I purchased it just before the Covid lockdown, so I've only used it on a half dozen gigs, some indoors and some out doors. I has been wonderful.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification