The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-21-2020, 11:04 AM

Default Breedlove C25/CRH Action Question

Hello,

New to this great forum. I have a question about action setup for my Breedlove Pro Series C25/CRH. I have had it about 10 years and it sounds amazing. The Cedar/Rosewood combo is really warm. I play electric primarily and am a jazz/rock player for the most part. I solo a lot and use the entire fingerboard. I tend to struggle with this guitar action wise when I have gigs because of the action. It has the single ended truss rod system and I have had to professionally setup. I have also checked by holding the low E down and the 1st and 14th fret and all seems correct according the the Breedlove manual.

I recently went to Chicago Music Exchange and played a bunch of guitars. Many of the Taylors played much better from the 5th fret up. Just felt great. I played 414, 514, 714 and loved them. I'd still have to A/B the sound with my Breedlove but I love how they play.

I think I have heard, this is a Taylor thing? They maybe easier to play or more suited to my style. I am curious if I can get my Breedlove to play this way or if I should get a Taylor or something else.

Would love some advice on setup or suggestions.

thanks!
Old 11-21-2020, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

Breedloves can be set-up as low & as precise as a Taylor. I have a C-25 as well & go for 5/64" & 4/64" at the 12th. Low for fingerstyle. It sounds like you just need the saddle lowered. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, a good set-up should be easy & not very expensive.
Steve
Old 11-21-2020, 12:28 PM

Ok thanks! I will look into that.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion