The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-03-2020, 07:33 AM

Default SDOTD XViveWireless

A great sale price on the XVive guitar wireless set. I’ve had excellent results with these.
https://notes.musiciansfriend.com/T/...P6TuYnTC-1zsA=
Old 05-03-2020, 08:16 AM

Hesitant due to the "not intended for guitars/basses with active pickups" disclaimer, as my bass has active pups, as do most of my acoustic-electric guitars.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Hesitant due to the "not intended for guitars/basses with active pickups" disclaimer, as my bass has active pups, as do most of my acoustic-electric guitars.
True. If you're using a K & K, JJB etc. this is an excellent system. I've used it with my mandolin for several years and have never had any problems. Literally plug and play.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:10 AM

I have a similar (but cheaper 5.6GHz) set of units I got from Amazon back around the beginning of the year. They work great, but do suck some tone (I've A/Bd them against a cable) - not enough to worry about, however.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leew3 View Post
True. If you're using a K & K, JJB etc. this is an excellent system. I've used it with my mandolin for several years and have never had any problems. Literally plug and play.
Yes, I use this with my mandolin also with zero issues, along with my electrics. Two sets, never let me down. Acoustics don’t go wireless. They go to a Countryman85 DI box to an amp, a mixer or an S1.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:43 PM

I went ahead and ordered one. It will at least work with my electric guitars and definitely two of my a/e models. I have the microphone system and the condenser mic system of this and am happy with them.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:04 AM

I already have one set and liked it enough to order a back up. I only use it with my electric guitars which all have passive pick ups.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

I have a set, along with a couple extra transmitters, from back in the day I had three electrics up on the wall. Now I only have one electric in use so the extra transmitters are backups I guess, as is my one extra electric guitar...

At the time, these were about the best wireless deal out there. But now, with the advent of the 5.8 ghz systems that work with active electronics and the various cheap knockoffs of the Xvive out there on Amazon and Ebay (that DON'T work with active electronics), I'm not sure this is what I'd buy if I was buying today. Back when I had an acoustic with a pickup and active electronics, I couldn't use it - which didn't matter because I plugged that thing in about twice in the time I owned it. And it doesn't matter with my electrics, none of which have active electronics. But with all of the options out there today, I don't think the Xvive is the best option, even at the reduced price. But it surely isn't a BAD option - I've had no trouble with mine and I've had 'em for at least a couple years now.

-Ray
Old 05-04-2020, 09:25 AM

It’s the best $300 bucks(two sets) I ever spent. I get to move around, not trip over my lead hurting myself, ripping the plugs out of my beautiful guitars causing unnecessary damage.

No drop off, no static, no added color or noise, in a studio 25’x30’ with a minimum of six other musicians, 4 hours play time. Who better than me!

I also have the no name(Not Carvin) 5.8 gHz wireless sets which are excellent, but this thread was about Xvive products at a terrific price. But that was yesterday.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:09 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
It’s the best $300 bucks(two sets) I ever spent. I get to move around, not trip over my lead hurting myself, ripping the plugs out of my beautiful guitars causing unnecessary damage.

No drop off, no static, no added color or noise, in a studio 25’x30’ with a minimum of six other musicians, 4 hours play time. Who better than me!

I also have the no name(Not Carvin) 5.8 gHz wireless sets which are excellent, but this thread was about Xvive products at a terrific price. But that was yesterday.
Excellent points right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I didn't know it happens to all of us.!!

I didn't know that it was this simple to go wireless. For example, for some reason I thought the Line 6 wireless unit was 'compatable' with only Yamaha THR Wireless amps.

How do these compare to those.?? I think the Line 6 is 100bucks.

Chickee.... On your point above "who better than me." Are you saying that you often play in a studio of that size with other musicians.?? It's been slowly catching up to me of how much experience you have. You love gear and you know how to use it. Your posts are always fun too. Maybe just clarify that statement for me or maybe I missed the joke. I can be pretty slow sometimes. I'd love to hear about your experience, no matter how 'great' it is. But I do understand.... "This is a public forum." Be careful.

Overall, thanks for your contributions to the forum. I have much to learn. Digging it though.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3notes View Post
Excellent points right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I didn't know it happens to all of us.!!

I didn't know that it was this simple to go wireless. For example, for some reason I thought the Line 6 wireless unit was 'compatable' with only Yamaha THR Wireless amps.

How do these compare to those.?? I think the Line 6 is 100bucks.

Chickee.... On your point above "who better than me." Are you saying that you often play in a studio of that size with other musicians.?? It's been slowly catching up to me of how much experience you have. You love gear and you know how to use it. Your posts are always fun too. Maybe just clarify that statement for me or maybe I missed the joke. I can be pretty slow sometimes. I'd love to hear about your experience, no matter how 'great' it is. But I do understand.... "This is a public forum." Be careful.

Overall, thanks for your contributions to the forum. I have much to learn. Digging it though.
Email me when you have a moment, 3notes. I will answer any questions you have, if I can.
frank d.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:20 PM

Mine still hasn't shipped. Dang Covid19...
Old 05-08-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Mine still hasn't shipped. Dang Covid19...
Nothing yet? Were they out of stock after everyone bought them up at the SDOTD pricing? I should have grabbed another set.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Nothing yet? Were they out of stock after everyone bought them up at the SDOTD pricing? I should have grabbed another set.
Been on phone 3x with MF today. Supposedly the item was and is in stock. The order was "stop shipped" for a reason no one knows why...
Old 05-11-2020, 07:30 AM

Hmmm, I bought a second set on the SDOTD and it arrived about 3 days later.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars