The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-23-2020, 07:19 PM

Default Connect instrument to computer and record live tab into score, then overlay.

Hello I'm a guitar player and a feature of my style is I play "two" pieces of music at once time, like Chet Atkins, Merle Travis etc, although I often play obscure bass lines distancing from the Travis picking rhythm incorporating catchy bass lines etc with a lead part.

ANYWAY.

It's technical playing and it's hard to work out the tab, **** hard. Why?

Syncopation.

The complexities of bass grooves and lead parts makes for a very intracate tab with crucial tiny details that make all the difference.

I don't care much about gear, so what do I want?

I'm enquiring here to know if there is something out there that can "live" record an instument (midi keys or guitar) and as such notate it into a tab/score, AND then I would like to loop said score, while looping playback I would then additionally record the seperate lead part over the bass part, into the same piece of tab.

Leaving behind the sacred intracate tab, with correct syncopation, something that would of taken lots of time and effort to do without the aid of technology.

I would like it to literally work like that and be straight forward as it's worded.

Does this exist yet folks?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD