The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-17-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
My son's experience was the same as everyone else's. Apparently the Avs left all the logistics to the AF Academy.

The more information that comes out, the worse it sounds ...

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...xLYd1o8AbMs8WA
Wow. Just terrible.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:15 PM

Ovechkin scores his 700th. Interesting fact. Ovi is 34, Gretzky was 29 when he scored his 700th.

Bruins are on a roll and so is Bergeon.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post

Bruins are on a roll and so is Bergeon.
Yes they are, and will likely continue...although they got a wee bit of a spanking from Vancouver last night.

Celtic harps: 1994 Triplett Excelle, 1998 Triplett Avalon (the first ever made - Steve Triplett's personal prototype)
Old 02-23-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumei View Post
Yes they are, and will likely continue...although they got a wee bit of a spanking from Vancouver last night.
Of course , in St Louis , they will get the Blues .
Old 02-23-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumei View Post
Bruins got hammered last night. Wow.

How about the Zamboni driver, Ayers, getting the call to enter the Carolina/Toronto game after Carolina lost both their goalies to injury during the game? He gave up 2 goals on his first two shots and then shut down the Maple Leafs. Amazing.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:40 PM

Ayers, the Zamboni driver that came in mid-game as goalie to win the game for Carolina, has donated that hockey stick to the Hockey Hall of Fame. What a great move. He's now in the HHOF! I've been there a few times. It's downtown Toronto just a 5 minute walk to the Skydome (Rogers Center), the CN Tower, and a bunch of other big city highlights.

What hockey story lines are you following this week?
Old 02-29-2020, 09:34 AM

For the real hockey fans, please forgive my intrusion, but once again I'm very happy for the VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS' current run of 8 consecutive wins.

(for some reason my computer just automatically put that into all caps)

I'm not really a hockey fan per se but I did just re-watch "Miracle" so maybe that got me fired up!

Best,
PJ
Old 02-29-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
For the real hockey fans, please forgive my intrusion, but once again I'm very happy for the VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS' current run of 8 consecutive wins.

(for some reason my computer just automatically put that into all caps)

I'm not really a hockey fan per se but I did just re-watch "Miracle" so maybe that got me fired up!

Best,
PJ
Hey PJ, great to have you join here. I'm a Marc Andre Fleury fan (goalie) from his days with the Penguins. Great all around person and I know Vegas has treated him well. 8 in a row? Wow. And they're in first place.

Even if you don't watch much hockey start following the Vegas box scores and that may lead to more tv game viewing.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Hey PJ, great to have you join here. I'm a Marc Andre Fleury fan (goalie) from his days with the Penguins. Great all around person and I know Vegas has treated him well. 8 in a row? Wow. And they're in first place.

Even if you don't watch much hockey start following the Vegas box scores and that may lead to more tv game viewing.
Thanks Dru,
Unfortunately we cut the cable several years ago so I don’t have the opportunity to watch any games but I sure do love to read about their wins in the newspaper!

Now if only they weren’t so expensive to see in person...

Thanks again
PJ
Old 03-02-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
Thanks Dru,
Unfortunately we cut the cable several years ago so I don’t have the opportunity to watch any games but I sure do love to read about their wins in the newspaper!

Now if only they weren’t so expensive to see in person...

Thanks again
PJ
Keep reading about the Golden Knights. When you're at it, read about Connor McDavid (Oilers) as he's the top player of his generation, just like Sidney Crosby was in his generation (and is still playing as a top 5 Player in the league).
Old 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Keep reading about the Golden Knights. When you're at it, read about Connor McDavid (Oilers) as he's the top player of his generation, just like Sidney Crosby was in his generation (and is still playing as a top 5 Player in the league).
Geez, hard to believe we're referring to "Sid the Kid" being a generational player. Ain't it the truth! How time flies, Dru! YIKES
Old 03-03-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Geez, hard to believe we're referring to "Sid the Kid" being a generational player. Ain't it the truth! How time flies, Dru! YIKES
Hard to believe this is Crosby's 15th season! And he's only 32. And here I am talking like he's an old man .

I mentioned yesterday to watch out for McDavid and coincidentally he got 5 points last night, as did Draisaitl. I hope Edmonton can make the playoffs. I want to watch those two in Spring.
Old 03-03-2020, 07:46 PM

I've been to several Edmonton games and their fans are...well...fantatsic! Best ice in the NHL? I think the players would say so. Oilers always seem to step up their game at playoff time. Should be exciting. Right around the corner. One of the best days is the final Sunday of the season to see the matchups. Hockey playoffs are the best.
LarryK.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Hush, Dru. Sid still has a lot of gas left in the tank. Technically Jaromir Jagr still hasn't retired either.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
I've been to several Edmonton games and their fans are...well...fantatsic! Best ice in the NHL? I think the players would say so. Oilers always seem to step up their game at playoff time. Should be exciting. Right around the corner. One of the best days is the final Sunday of the season to see the matchups. Hockey playoffs are the best.
LarryK.
Hey Larry - yea, that last couple of days can be exciting to see who makes it and how just misses out.

I recall a few years ago watching the end of a game on tv. Last game of the season for the Flyers and the Islanders (I hope I got those teams correct). It was fantastic - the winning team goes to the playoffs and the loser doesn't. Just like a single game playoff. Game goes to a shootout! What a way to decide the fate of those teams. I think the Islanders won. Does anyone remember this and can confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Hush, Dru. Sid still has a lot of gas left in the tank. Technically Jaromir Jagr still hasn't retired either.
Hey Neil, Sid has a lot of gas left for sure and he's my #1 player of who I would choose in a pool to be on my Playoff team. Regular season I'd probably choose McDavid because of the points.

Have you seen many Pens games at the arena over the past 15 years that Crosby has played?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic