The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 05-12-2019, 06:49 AM

Default Guild D-55

I recently received a 2010 New Hartford-built D-55. The guitar plays and sounds beautiful, but I found that it has a fairly pronounced hump behind the bridge, but only on the bass string side. I've tapped on the top trying to determine if it's due to a loose x brace, but can't determine if it is. It may be that the guitar was strung with heavy gauge strings for some portion of it's life. As you can see from the pictures, the back corner of the bridge is starting to separate from the top, though I have no idea if the is something that's stable or will get worse over time.

The third picture is showing the slightly distorted section of top (shown by elongated light reflection behind bridge.)

Any ideas? If I do decide to keep the guitar, any ideas what kind of refund I should ask for to cover possible repair, since the seller did not disclose this issue in the listing?

Old 05-12-2019, 08:32 AM

Might be worth the effort to pose this question also on the Guild forum (Let's Talk Guild), but the question is valid regardless of the guitar's maker.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair