The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-29-2010, 08:25 PM

Default Taylor NS52ce spotted

If anyone is interested, Buffalo Brothers Guitars has a used/ discontinued NS52ce in stock. I recall someone here longing for one after having to sell theirs.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 PM
osweetmelody

*Drools* Oh how i'd love one of these
Old 10-30-2010, 07:21 AM

I don’t expect it will last long. All of the 5 + series NS models move quickly on the used market. Those that favor the NS6 series will probably desire the pre 2010 models. Taylor recently changed the bridge from cocobolo to ebony. Being that this NS 5 is discontinued, it will go fast. Mahogany/ Cedar is highly favored.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:09 PM
osweetmelody

Play2PraiseHim,

Can you provide more tips for someone interested in eventually purchasing a NS series? I am not too worried about how loud it is unplugged.

I'm realistically looking at around Summer next year for the funds. I remember Elderly Instruments had one, very cheap, I bet someone was happy to grab it. I'm saving ~1500, I think a nice 5 series at that price would be difficult.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:36 PM

Default Ns63ce

My local Taylor Dealer has a used (mint condition) NS62CE for sale. It came in about 5 days ago. I have it here on demo. I'm considering buying it. They also have a Taylor electric on a BLOWOUT price, so I'm torn.

If you have interest in the NS let me know. I'll tell you about it.

: )

Collings; Taylor; Don Grosh electric; Collings Electric; Taylor K4
Old 10-30-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osweetmelody View Post
Play2PraiseHim,

Can you provide more tips for someone interested in eventually purchasing a NS series? I am not too worried about how loud it is ounplugged.

I'm realistically looking at around Summer next year for the funds. I remember Elderly Instruments had one, very cheap, I bet someone was happy to grab it. I'm saving ~1500, I think a nice 5 series at that price would be difficult.
You should be able to get a used one for that price either by posting a wtb ad here on this forum or off ebay. Also frequent buffalo brothers & Elderly instruments& Gryphon stringed instruments. They are reputable stores that most frequently get them in used. My favorite of the NS series are the 5,6, & 7. The engleman spruce & cedar tops coupled with the mahogany, maple, & rosewood really do make a difference. I also prefer the concert size 12 fret over the 14 fret auditorium size. It isn't a loud or punchy unplugged. But the tone is richer. Plugged in, all things are equal. I did get to audition a NS24 yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. However, I would still opt for a used 5 , 6, or 7 for that same price.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2PraiseHim View Post
I don’t expect it will last long. All of the 5 + series NS models move quickly on the used market. Those that favor the NS6 series will probably desire the pre 2010 models. Taylor recently changed the bridge from cocobolo to ebony. Being that this NS 5 is discontinued, it will go fast. Mahogany/ Cedar is highly favored.
I didn't realize that. My NS64c (ordered it from Guitar Rodeo without electronics) is actually an '09 model with cocobolo. I'd love to try a 52 or 54 if I ever saw one.

Nick
Old 11-01-2010, 02:59 PM

I have a NS42 that i bought (heavily) used for a great price, and that was a wonderful choice. It is by far the most comfortable guitar i have to play.

and by the way, I'll sell almost anything. just a note.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical