The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-21-2019, 02:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
I have multiple active electronic setups I'm using with the ZKK. They don't list any incompatibilities either. What exactly does the Xvive do when attached to an active setup?
Basically nothing. Or sometimes they squeal a little bit, but they definitely don't transmit the guitar signal to the receiver, at least in any way it can interpret when it gets there. I know there are some non-wifi units that work fine with active electronics. I don't know what the ZKK is - the Xvive is my introduction and only experience with wireless. Not an issue for me, though - I more or less never plug in my acoustics...

-Ray
Old 09-21-2019, 10:05 PM
Charter Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Basically nothing. Or sometimes they squeal a little bit, but they definitely don't transmit the guitar signal to the receiver, at least in any way it can interpret when it gets there. I know there are some non-wifi units that work fine with active electronics. I don't know what the ZKK is - the Xvive is my introduction and only experience with wireless. Not an issue for me, though - I more or less never plug in my acoustics...

-Ray
This is the one I've been using. It's in a band 5.8ghz that is relatively new and appears to be a variant of a device that is name branded and several other brands selling the same thing.

5.8 GHz is supposed to be more resistant to interference and have slightly lower latency.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KPBVCKJ..._yjVHDbE3S2PTY
Old 09-21-2019, 10:44 PM

So I know they are more expensive but does anyone have experience with the Boss WL-20?

Jack

1975 Mossman Great
1995 Taylor LKSM-12
2008 Taylor Fall Ltd GC
2008 Applegate C Nylon Crossover
Fender Stratocaster - Eric Johnson Model
Nyberg Cittern
2011 Eastman AC508M
2012 Epiphone ES339
Old 09-22-2019, 02:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
This is the one I've been using. It's in a band 5.8ghz that is relatively new and appears to be a variant of a device that is name branded and several other brands selling the same thing.

5.8 GHz is supposed to be more resistant to interference and have slightly lower latency.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KPBVCKJ..._yjVHDbE3S2PTY
Thanks - good to know. If I ever start plugging my acoustic in enough to matter, maybe I’ll look into a system like that. For now, the Xvive works great with my electrics...
Old 09-22-2019, 02:13 PM
Charter Member

I've used the YKZ mentioned above with my old 90s Jackson active electronics, my old Ovation from the 90s with active current LR Baggs element and true mic, Schatten active,. My passive setup on my Yamaha SA 2200 and several others. It has no issues with any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Thanks - good to know. If I ever start plugging my acoustic in enough to matter, maybe I’ll look into a system like that. For now, the Xvive works great with my electrics...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars