The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Charter Member

Default D'Angelico Premier Series DC Semi-Hollow 12-String

I have a real love/ hate relationship with 12 string guitars.

That being said, I just placed an order for a D'Angelico in Ocean Turquoise from MF with their 15% off Labor Day sale. It won't be here until sometime in Oct. It seems like a descent price for an electric 12. In the past, I've owned a few nice Rickenbackers but did not play them enough to justify the cost. I don't gig or anything and I'm just an at home player.

I'm just curious if anyone has had a chance to play one of these?

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...pbar-tailpiece
Old 09-03-2019, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

Looks like a rather nice instrument. I, too, owned a Rickenbacker 330-12 for a while, but didn't play it enough to justify keeping it around. It sounded just gorgeous, though.

My only other comment is that 1 11/16" nut width is a bit narrow for a 12, but if you had no problem with a Rickenbacker, this will probably not be an issue for you.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

I saw that guitar in turquoise and loved it. I was very tempted. But I have the ultimate low end electric twelve and could never explain another. This guitar comes out maybe two or three times a year. I just yesterday was working on “life in a northern town” with it. Best of luck with your new twelve string!
IMG_0165.jpg
Old 09-03-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluside View Post
...I just placed an order for a D'Angelico in Ocean Turquoise from MF with their 15% off Labor Day sale. It won't be here until sometime in Oct. It seems like a decent price for an electric 12...I don't gig or anything and I'm just an at-home player.
Um, I hate to be the spoiler here but did you know about this one before you ordered:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...lectric-guitar

I played one a couple years ago - been looking for an electric 12 for my wife and this one's definitely on my short list - and it's not only good enough to play out, it's all the guitar you need if you're an at-home player; if it were me I'd call and see if I could cancel the D'A and roll over the 15% discount - spring for a nice HSC to go with it (TMK the Gator wooden cases will fit even better than the recommended Ibanez case, which is far too long at the headstock - FYI the ABS Gator cases will not) and you'll still be well ahead of the game...
Old 09-04-2019, 04:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Um, I hate to be the spoiler here but did you know about this one before you ordered:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...lectric-guitar

I played one a couple years ago - been looking for an electric 12 for my wife and this one's definitely on my short list - and it's not only good enough to play out, it's all the guitar you need if you're an at-home player; if it were me I'd call and see if I could cancel the D'A and roll over the 15% discount - spring for a nice HSC to go with it (TMK the Gator wooden cases will fit even better than the recommended Ibanez case, which is far too long at the headstock - FYI the ABS Gator cases will not) and you'll still be well ahead of the game...
Thanks. Not a bad looking guitar either.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars