The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Calm down big guy
I'm VERY calm and playing my beastly X7. Another beautiful day in AZ.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
. Another beautiful day in AZ.
Hard to believe I know...we only get maybe 300 some a year.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-14-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanay View Post
Song, how do you like the Amicus compared to, say, a Nashville-tuned guitar, a Tacoma Papoose, or a mandolin?
I like it but for myself it's a niche instrument that I would use to add something to a recording.
Recording that it may be awhile before I ever get around to because I'm constantly on a flight somewhere.
Here's my x7, Gt-1, and katana air in its flightcase for a trip to Qatar today.
If you are at home be grateful. I haven't been home since August and wont until next year...
But I'm glad I have a guitar.

Old 11-14-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song View Post
Here's my x7, Gt-1, and katana air in its flightcase for a trip to Qatar today.
If you are at home be grateful. I haven't been home since August and wont until next year...

That's a really nice traveling setup!

Be sure to enjoy the travels because when it's over it will be your memories and they may as well be good ones. I'm glad I enjoyed the years of permanent travel and when I do go somewhere, always try to remember that it's better to enjoy it than to hate it. Sounds trite to say it like that, but every stage we play on is one that'll never be the same again.

Back to your setup, I don't think I've ever seen everything in one flightcase like that and I like it.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 11-14-2019, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post

Be sure to enjoy the travels because when it's over it will be your memories and they may as well be good ones. I'm glad I enjoyed the years of permanent travel and when I do go somewhere, always try to remember that it's better to enjoy it than to hate it. Sounds trite to say it like that, but every stage we play on is one that'll never be the same again.

Back to your setup, I don't think I've ever seen everything in one flightcase like that and I like it.
Great consideration - if we had a "like button" here, I'd be clicking on it. There are moments when any time away from home can be tedious, but your post here is a good reminder to make every moment count.

And, I agree that Song's travel set-up makes good sense. Like Earl, I avoid commercial flying these daysl; but if you have to, it is good to have your stuff well protected.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post
Be sure to enjoy the travels because when it's over it will be your memories and they may as well be good ones. I'm glad I enjoyed the years of permanent travel and when I do go somewhere, always try to remember that it's better to enjoy it than to hate it. Sounds trite to say it like that, but every stage we play on is one that'll never be the same again. Back to your setup, I don't think I've ever seen everything in one flightcase like that and I like it.
I enjoy it as much as possible, mostly because of my x7 (note the amp and pedal are also protected by foam and clothes when checked).
Everything arrived safely and all is well so far...
Thanks for yas kind comments and have a great day!
Old 11-17-2019, 10:35 PM

I find this relatable. My X7 followed me for a year throughout Australia and New Zealand.

I took a preamp pedal with me, but ended up sending the amp home for the portion of the trip that was strictly regen ag work/study. I was just elated to have such a wonderful, durable guitar with me.

Thanks for the pic of your travel setup!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber