The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-17-2022, 10:35 AM

Default Does the BodyRez replace other pedals?

I just picked up a Body Rez pedal to try. I'm curious if it usually replaces other pedals or is simply another link in the chain? I have the following setup:

Taylor 224CE >Tuner>SP Comp>CarbonCopy Delay>HoF reverb>Smolder OD>Berhinger Trem>Spark Boost>Beringer DI

I go into a PA or a Marshall acoustic amp, depending on the situation.

I'm just looking for a starting point with the BodyRez as I begin to experiment with it.
Gretsch 5420T | Supro Kingsport | Reverend Double Agent W | Squier CV 50s Tele, Esquired, BSB | G&L ASAT Tribute | MiM Tele | Taylor 224 | Teton 12 string | Supro Blues King 12 | Ever-growing harmonica pile
Old 10-17-2022, 10:52 AM

It doesn’t really replace any of those pedals.
It’s more of a simplified replacement for an IR pedal.
I’d try it first in the chain, but others with more hands on experience may have other ideas.

Cheers, _RP
Old 10-17-2022, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

I would start by eliminating all of those and just see how you like the Rez alone. Of course the tuner, trem, and delay will not be replaceable with the rez, but you may find the others are.

There was a recent thread on the Rez, discussing what all it does. I think they hit on a reasonable balance that definitely improves UST/SBT systems.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 10-18-2022, 02:08 PM

It adds a little compression and EQ, so you may not need your compression pedal anymore. Personally I'm not crazy about it but many swear by it. If you have a piezo pickup that doesn't sound great, it will help a little. But since you already have a Comp pedal, I would suggest an EQ instead and you will have more flexibility over your sound.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:47 PM

Default Recent BodyRez thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
There was a recent thread on the Rez, discussing what all it does. I think they hit on a reasonable balance that definitely improves UST/SBT systems.
I was curious about this so I looked for the dnf777 mentioned. I think it is this one, mostly about compression:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...hlight=BodyRez

Especially, page 2 for the BodyRez stuff. Interesting reading at any rate.

Cheers, _Roger
Old 10-18-2022, 05:19 PM

Great, thanks for the advice all.
Gretsch 5420T | Supro Kingsport | Reverend Double Agent W | Squier CV 50s Tele, Esquired, BSB | G&L ASAT Tribute | MiM Tele | Taylor 224 | Teton 12 string | Supro Blues King 12 | Ever-growing harmonica pile
Old 10-26-2022, 04:49 AM

I looked into it a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GF- View Post
As well as (scooped mids) EQ and some compression, it seems (from TC Helicon's manual for the Play Acoustic) that it also has some sort of "ambience". Whether that's reverb, chorus, tremolo, a mixture of all 3, or something else entirely, I don't know. In the chats I looked at, saturation also gets mentioned a bit.

Without a doubt, its selling point is its ease of use (effectiveness vs simplicity and size). Potentially it's replacing maybe 4 (comp, EQ, Chorus, Reverb) pedals with 1 mini.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification