The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-15-2022, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_214ce View Post
the NUX Mighty Air looks mighty tasty !
Overall I've found it excellent for its compact / light size. I have a THR30ii as well which is definitely a better sounding amp but much larger / heavier relatively speaking.

I find that I do really need to use the app or even better the third party companion app mightier amp to get the best of the tone.

Overall usability is pretty dependent on how strong your pickup signal is.

Sent from my motorola edge (2021) using Acoustic Guitar Forum mobile app
Old 10-18-2022, 02:11 PM

WARNING - many reports of the fret wire on Enya guitars showing wear very quickly. Something to think about. Enya's main thing is cheap guitars, so I would be careful about anything that's at the top of their range.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplee3 View Post
This is really tempting - I just picked up the X4 Pro and am impressed by that. I was initially eyeing the NexG before I looked into the X4 Pro too but decided the X4 Pro would be a better 'fit' - somehow (probably because of the sale) I'm looking at the NexG still LOL

The only thing I think would be cool would be if the NexG had a built-in looper
I researched the X4 for a while but too many complaints about the fretwire wearing out quickly and the overall "quality" had me holding off. Also the sound of the X4 acoustically was a little weird to me.
Old 10-18-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
I researched the X4 for a while but too many complaints about the fretwire wearing out quickly and the overall "quality" had me holding off. Also the sound of the X4 acoustically was a little weird to me.

Yea the fret wire is a concern - not sure how difficult it would be to replace them if/when the time comes.

When you say a "little weird" can you elaborate more? I've heard of people complaining about it being too "bassy" and "midrangey" which was also my experience with the CA GXi I used to own. I think putting 80/20 was generally the resolution. It seems this is not an uncommon issue (regarding sound) on carbon guitars.
Enya X4 Pro
Boroughs B30ACESB
Takamine EG330C
Old 10-18-2022, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
WARNING - many reports of the fret wire on Enya guitars showing wear very quickly. Something to think about. Enya's main thing is cheap guitars, so I would be careful about anything that's at the top of their range.
Can you point to what you're seeing? I looked quickly and saw one video and one issue with carbon frets on an Enya ukulele.

Sent from my motorola edge (2021) using Acoustic Guitar Forum mobile app

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification