The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-17-2001, 01:01 AM

Post Taylor 814bce Limited Edition

Well, as fate would have it, I've bought another one (Taylor). Today it was the 814bce Ltd Edition. Brazillian rosewood. Gorgeous. I've sent pics to JR in hopes he'll post a few of them. Rosewood sides and back, spruce (I think) top. Plain headstock, gold grovers. The grain is AMAZING. The pictures might do it a little justice, but I didn't take the time I should have to really capture it. If there's enough interest, I'll try it again. Anyway, anyone play one of these yet?
dc
Old 02-17-2001, 04:34 AM

Hi Dennis,

I just played one a couple of days ago (actually it was a 814b). I love the looks of Brazillian Rosewood better than any other guitar wood other than maybe quilted maple. It had exceptional bass response, maybe the best I've heard in a Taylor GA body size. It definitely had more low-end than my 714ce.

GL
Old 02-17-2001, 09:34 AM
Nichols Custom Inlay

Thumbs up

Hi Dennis,
I have an 814BCE set aside at my Taylor dealer waiting for me to pick it up. It is truly a beautiful looking guitar with wonderful tone. These guitars were made with "B" grade brazillian rosewood and "Englemann" spruce tops. They seem to be extremely great value for the price.
Enjoy it!
Bill.
Old 02-18-2001, 02:14 PM

Lightbulb

I also have an 814-BC (no electronics). I couldn't bear cutting a hole in the side of that rosewood! There are pics up in the gallery. Great guitar (my 1st Taylor, too!) Talk about starting out with a bang!

I may decide to go with the aftermarket Fishman Pocket Blender, but I don't think I'll be playing out with this one.

James
Old 02-19-2001, 01:26 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Dennis' fine 814BCE is now in the gallery. What a lovely instrument!

J.R.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification