The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-04-2020, 05:22 PM

Default boss acs pro

hello everyone
i'm looking into purchasing an acoustic amp and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the,BOSS ACS PRO 120 watt.It looks pretty good. I am also looking at the fishman artist and the marshall AS100D.Anyone have any thoughts or experience.

thanks alot
Old 05-04-2020, 05:56 PM

Can't fault it.
Fills a large semi open market nicely, with plenty of compliments from the crowd. Also worked well a few weeks before the Covid 19 lock down at a local bar. Large open space, cement floors, high ceiling. Initially I was too loud at around the 12 o'clock mark on the master.
I've yet to really give the vocal harmonies happening in a live atmosphere yet. Still working out which one sounds better for each song, and when to use it.
I only use the reverb on both channels a little.
Having said that, I've now got a Zoom AC-3 guitar pedal with all the effects I could possibly need.
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 05-04-2020, 06:25 PM

The Marshall AS100d has been around a few years, if not more. So, state of the art it is not. It is very heavy(I put casters on mine) and cumbersome to move around without them.

It is a wonderful stand alone platform for a personal PA to be used for a solo act. Separate mic and instrument channels with all the EQ, filters and effects you would need to sound better than you are.

Its a closed back cab loaded with tweeters and drivers and sounds wonderful. Has a foot switch for reverb and effects, and another instrument channel and RCA channel in for backing tracks or other music. So really its got four separate channels.
I like mine. Thats why i put the casters on it, so i would keep using it.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:35 PM

Default acs pro

well i decided against the acs pro,after a lot of research i decided to order the fishman performer it seems to be highly rated and has plenty of power. I've heard a lot of good things on various forums about them.

thanks for the input

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification