The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 05:05 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Tremendous! So glad the pair of you are finally united. And so begins the second chapter.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

Tom, that's gorgeous! And your smile says so much. Looking forward to hearing your "real" first impressions, figuring you'll try to find a good amount of time over the weekend to play. Of course, it'll also be fun to hear about the ongoing changes as the guitar opens up. Most importantly, play in great health and happiness!!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 11-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations on your new guitar Tom. Thanks for sharing it's creation with us. I hope that it serves as a conduit to open new musical frontiers for you...
Old 11-05-2015, 09:14 AM
AGF Sponsor

This was a fun guitar! There were several elements to it that pushed our design habits, but that was a good thing. It's what makes our job so great when we get to work in concert with a client to make something unique - like a friendship. Thanks again Tom for putting even more than your trust with us. We wish many long years of enjoyment and sweet sounding music.

And don't be a stranger once you get to the promised land. You're part of the family now.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 11-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

Congrats, Tom--glad to hear that it was simply work and not a medical emergency that had us all on pins and needles! Have fun and enjoy the heck out of your beautiful, new guitar!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 11-05-2015, 12:33 PM
AGF Sponsor

There's a big "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on Tom's front door today. Something about a honeymoon.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
As a reciprocal compliment, let me say to any custom builder looking for a fun and friendly client...
Might I add very handsome as well...
Old 11-05-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Tremendous! So glad the pair of you are finally united. And so begins the second chapter.
Yes indeed, feel like I have known her for a long time, and yet we just met...match made in heaven I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Tom, that's gorgeous! And your smile says so much. Looking forward to hearing your "real" first impressions, figuring you'll try to find a good amount of time over the weekend to play. Of course, it'll also be fun to hear about the ongoing changes as the guitar opens up. Most importantly, play in great health and happiness!!
Yeah, I was pretty happy with it. Thanks, I will write more on the sound, but I can tell you, it is better tonight than last night and it was pretty danged good last night. Steve said it would need 24 hours of tension in the strings to come back to being a guitar and son of a gun, I do notice that tonight, more volume, more sustain, more overtones....I am really shocked by what 24 hours did to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Congratulations on your new guitar Tom. Thanks for sharing it's creation with us. I hope that it serves as a conduit to open new musical frontiers for you...

Thank you, and thank you for following along. I will shamelessly say, that I think this has been a great build thread mainly because of the detail photos Steve and Ryan sent, but even more so, the great group of people like yourself that have been following along and posting such great and often funny comments. It has been real fun for sure. I will miss having the build go on, but if I keep working as much as I have been this week, hopefully I can do another build in the future!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
This was a fun guitar! There were several elements to it that pushed our design habits, but that was a good thing. It's what makes our job so great when we get to work in concert with a client to make something unique - like a friendship. Thanks again Tom for putting even more than your trust with us. We wish many long years of enjoyment and sweet sounding music.

And don't be a stranger once you get to the promised land. You're part of the family now.
Thank you Ryan, and when we all get to the promise land, we will be sure to plan a trip to the oldest town in Texas for sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Congrats, Tom--glad to hear that it was simply work and not a medical emergency that had us all on pins and needles! Have fun and enjoy the heck out of your beautiful, new guitar!
Yes, no medical emergency, but I feel sorry for those that had to put up with me at work because I am sure I was not the easiest to get along with cuz all I wanted to do was get done and get home!!!! Thanks for being such a loyal follower on the thread and enjoy you new creation as well!!!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
There's a big "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on Tom's front door today. Something about a honeymoon.
Thanks Steve! Let's just say Kathy is a little jealous right now of this new found girl in my life....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Might I add very handsome as well...
Yes, you may indeed!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:37 PM

Default Who's that girl!?

Yeah, who IS that girl on your FaceBook page...assuming it's your daughter!

And shhhh....don't tell the whole world about Ryan and Steve's work. We wanna keep their guitars accessible and modestly priced...as soon as the word gets out, they'll like double their prices!

Congrats on the guitar - now to schedule the surgical removal of that smile from your face!
Collings SJ Braz/Ger, 000-42Koa, UC3 Killer Koa
Jeffrey Yong's Seismic 2011 Japan Earthquake Tribute and a Quilt Mah "The Tree" Olson
Old 11-05-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerRE View Post
Yeah, who IS that girl on your FaceBook page...assuming it's your daughter!

And shhhh....don't tell the whole world about Ryan and Steve's work. We wanna keep their guitars accessible and modestly priced...as soon as the word gets out, they'll like double their prices!

Congrats on the guitar - now to schedule the surgical removal of that smile from your face!
Haha, if you are referring to that beautiful young lady next to me in my profile picture, that would be the much mentioned Kathy. When you are as handsome and charming as I am, that is the beauty to which life rewards you, I know not fair, but hey what can I say....

Now as to Steve and Ryan, I get where your coming from for sure, and their hard work to produce a world class guitar that will rival any out there, yes, I promise not to mention that....

Now I need to get back to smiling. Thanks!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 09:23 PM

TOM!! CONGRATS ON YOUR BEAUTY!! Sorry for the belated response as I've been (and still am) caught up with exams. I'm glad to hear that it sounds amazing too! And you have more photos on your FaceBook?? Think it's only fair you link us to it too )) hope you find the time in your busy schedule to enjoy this creation.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-06-2015, 09:37 AM
AGF Sponsor

Well we got Tom's beauty got out just a little too quick to make this clip, but the local news stopped by yesterday, and I thought you would like to see it. Close observers will see the F1 build as the top that Steve's holding with the body on the table, and the Ziricote SJ that we work on is for fellow AGFer Dave White.

Kinnaird Guitars on the local news

Thanks

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 11-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations on getting some good local coverage!!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop