The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-26-2018, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMartinMan View Post
"I've got my eye on you." From Photobucket without issue..... or payment.

Ha looks like he just got away with something sneaky and clever

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 05-26-2018, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHD28 View Post
You have to pay to add the functionality of direct upload. Some of us disagree with this policy.
What is wrong with a forum asking for support from its participants? The policy rewards those who help us with financial support. If you don't want to support us, that's OK. The AGF still allows you to hang out, participate and engage. Why do you think you should have all the same privileges as those who help pay the bills?

You can't directly upload the pics from your computer, but you can directly upload them from your mobile device through the app. I'd say that's a pretty generous policy.

Last edited by Kerbie; 05-26-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Spelling...
Old 05-26-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Rose View Post
A couple Martin Styles I finally finished.

000-28H - an EC knockoff of sorts
https://imgur.com/7cQqpKV
https://imgur.com/ef1Rcp0

OM-40 Deep Body
https://imgur.com/gYQ4IbK

Not quite sure how to post imgur pics directly from my iPhone to a post...?
What do you mean by "a couple martins I just finished off.''

Did you build them.??
Old 05-26-2018, 04:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee1404 View Post
Could it be because hosting sites like Photobucket are making it more difficult (i.e. expensive) to have the facility to post pics to 3rd Party sites?
The forum software and hosting sites do make it challenging. As a charter member there are easier tools available for photo upload directly on the site - on the PC browser version at least. Even better is the Tapatalk app makes it a lot easier in a mobile app.

OTOH, I am guilt, as I have a new (old) baby and have not posted honeymoon pix.

martin D-28A '37 | D-18 | SCGC H13 | gibson SJ-200
taylor 814ce | 855 | GS Mini H.V. | goodall RP14 | Halcyon SJ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 05-26-2018, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMartinMan View Post
"I've got my eye on you." From Photobucket without issue..... or payment.
Until a few days ago, I could do that too. But they've caught up with me and I'm no longer able to post to a 3rd Party site from my 'free' Photobucket account. I'm guessing they'll eventually catch up with you too.

I became a Charter Member a few weeks ago, and I just post photos directly from my iPad or PC now, no hosting site necessary. And my $25 helps support this great forum!

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 05-26-2018, 05:32 PM

it is their choice to do so or not.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 05-26-2018, 05:47 PM

Default Why no pics with most NGD's around here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3notes View Post
What do you mean by "a couple martins I just finished off.''

Did you build them.??
Yes, I did build them...

The deep body is a Martin kit my wife bought for one X-mas (1 5/8”deep). John Hall at Blues Creek Guitars put the parts together per my request.
IRW/Englemann w/ flame maple binding. I changed it up some on my own after it arrived. ie: flame maple on neck & hdstk. Wider bridge spacing w/ hex inlays, cocobolo pins, Tor-tis guard & open back Sta-tite tuners and a few other minor changes. It was my 1st build with a dovetail joint & struggled fitting the neck. Took me quite awhile to put it all together. In the end, it came through OK. It's a fine machine w/ a thin lacquer finish...

The Triple-0 was a Martin EC neck blank I bought from John H & I finished piecing it all together: 1 3/4” nut width - Madagascar headplate w/ torch inlay, diamond & square inlays (long pattern) on an ebony board.
Body parts are from my stockpile. Adi top w/ 1/4” Adi braces, ebony pyramid bridge. Bone nut, saddle & pins. This is the one I play the most. Sounds great...!

baby's got back

Last edited by Mad Rose; 05-27-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorsewithnonam View Post
The easiest thing is to become a charter member and post them right from your iPad phone or laptop.
Ditto

Plus support our community here at AGF! 😎 🎸
Old 05-26-2018, 05:59 PM

Default Nice Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post

I'd be happy to collect a "nice guitar" or two on this. Your call.
I like the flames on the back and neck. Also a neck that is darker than the body 'looks right' to me
various basses and uprights
Old 05-26-2018, 10:15 PM

I ponied up the $25 forCharter Membership, not because I need or want to post photos, but because I believe in paying for something I use and enjoy. It’s less than buying coffee at Starbucks for a couple of weeks, I like Starbuck’s coffee too.

Cheapskates...
Old 05-27-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
What is wrong with a forum asking for support from its participants? The policy rewards those who help us with financial support. If you don't want to support us, that's OK. The AGF still allows you to hang out, participate and engage. Why do you think you should have all the same privileges as those who help pay the bills?

You can't directly upload the pics from your computer, but you can directly upload them from your mobile device through the app. I'd say that's a pretty generous policy.
It would be like the NCAA charging college football players to participate. The posters are the content. You receive funds from sponsors and vendors. Most forums are totally free to participants but may ask for a voluntary contribution. Fine. You set the rules. We follow them. I choose to participate despite the Rube Goldberg photo policy. As an earlier poster said, if you’ve seen one D-35, you’ve seen them all.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:51 AM
Charter Member

Here are some D-35s

Old 05-27-2018, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
It would be like their NCAA charging college football players to participate.
That is not an appropriate analogy. The NCAA, and the schools and conferences, make a ton of money from the efforts of college football players. They don't need to charge. The AGF does not make money simply from your participation.

At far lower levels of sports, where the organizations do not make money from the contests, they often DO charge participants to play.

The AGF does NOT charge to participate. There are several methods of posting pictures which are detailed in the FAQs and various stickered threads. The ONLY one that requires membership is if you want to download directly from your computer.

Quote:
I choose to participate despite the Rube Goldberg photo policy.
As I mentioned above, there are several methods available. I'm sorry if you think it's the same as a Rube Goldberg contraption. I think if you look around, you'll find an incredible number of members who seem to have miraculously figured out Rube Goldberg. And there are six moderators who would be glad to help you anytime.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post

Absolutely nothing "wrong", some people just can't get out of their own way.

I keep threatening to re-up my charter membership, but I have just been lazy. This may be the "straw" although I will still use Imgur for images .

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 05-27-2018, 07:10 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Years ago when I was a mod here I set up an inexpensive site to post both articles and photos. Whenever there's an NGD (new gear day) I post photos from there and quote often move on to a review that I will link to here as well. A link to my site is in my siggie.

TAYLOR 312ce 12 FRET REVIEW

Oh, and I see plenty of photos on NGD here.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion