The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Charter Member

Default Finally figured it out..K&K!!

I have K&K's in most of my guitars. I've tried many different pre-amps with them and have never been "truly" satisfied. But, yesterday I bought a Radial PRO DI (passive direct box). Now I go from my guitar to my "Pure" pre amp and them from the pre amp to the direct box, then to the amp with a mic cord. WOW!!.. the Radial box adds some "warmth" to the tone, takes some of the "brittle" edge off, plus.there is no noise..the first time I plugged it in and turned up the volume it was so quiet I thought I'd forgot to plug in a cord. The true test will be Monday night at my monthly gig. The stage is 70 feet or so from the board and I hope the "passive" box will work... (fingers crossed)..but right now I've finally got the sound out of my guitar I've been looking for....for forever!!!

Last edited by $ongWriter; 01-24-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: spel

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification