The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-06-2011, 09:18 PM

Smile My Acoustic Cover Video of Paramore - Brick by Boring Brick

So my friend Steph and I made this video today and put it up on Facebook and Youtube.

Anyways, have a look/listen and comment please (whether here or on Youtube or both doesn't matter - we just want feedback )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqBDg0iXAsA

P.S. My Twitter is @NickSaysF__kYou and hers is @SkywardBound17

Oh and I KNOW my hair looks terrible in the video....everyone keeps pointing it out -____-"....just focus on the music! :P
Old 03-07-2011, 07:55 AM

You two sure look like you are having fun! For just learning the song, it wasn't bad. Once Steph learns the words so that she doesn't need to read them from her phone, and you smooth out the chord changes a bit, I think you will have a very good sound. The recording location looked fairly small with lots of hard surfaces that reflect sound. Try recording in a larger space with furniture and fabrics to deaden the room sound, and stay away from the walls...I think you will find that the recording will be warmer and fuller sounding. Thanks for sharing it!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 03-07-2011, 09:16 PM

Thanks for the review and your advice!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell