The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-29-2008, 01:25 PM

Default looking for work as a performer?

I Have had a hard time deciding where to post my advertising of my luthier business since I decided to expand from the "word of mouth" advertising to a wider region. Expanding my business has been a goal, but I didnt want to grow too fast (if that makes any sense?). Becoming a sponsor of this forum has helped tremendously to get my guitars out into the eyes of the mainstream public. Advertising money is kind of tight too, so I try to get the most bang for my advertising dollars. Sponsoring ths forum has helped because it is targeted to so many acoustic guitar players.

I know when I was in a small band that I would jump at the chance to play my music anywhere and anytime, and the guys that played in the band with me were also excited about having the opportunity to play. The biggest problem we faced was where to advertise our talents so that other people would know about us. It seems like there just isnt any place, especially an affordable place to advertise. (the key word AFFORDABLE) We just kept hoping that someone in the crowd would be a recording studio representative or a friend of one of these kind of people that would give our band a good word to the right person. Well, it never happened, but we had a good time anyway. The problem was that no matter how many different places we played, it seemed that nobody ever heard of us

I really dont mean for this to be advertising, but more of a heads up to solve that problem. One of the people who I know has started an online spot for just this sort of thing. It is a spot where people who are looking to showcase their talent or are looking for work can post their videos or even just a link to their own website in an atmosphere where it would be seen by those that are looking to hire. The place is called the Guitar Players Wall. This site is new, so there arent many players there yet, but I expect this to change quickly.

On a mroe personal level, I'm hoping that if you make it to the big time or at least get some steady work coming your way, you will be interested in hiring me to build that custom guitar you have always dreamed of

Hope this helps!
Ken

Ken Hodges
Old 04-29-2008, 03:50 PM

Thanks Ken. Good luck.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:50 PM

Default Oops

I found out that you cant exactly post a video, but you and have your square on the wall link to a video if you desire.... or link to your youtube or myspace site or your personal web site.

Either way, it will be great exposure for your talents and may help you expand your career. www.guitarplayerswall.com

Ken Hodges

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell