The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old 02-07-2016, 01:50 PM
BBWW's Avatar
BBWW BBWW is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 3,017
Default

SORRY, I didn't see the start date on this thread. I've already showed off two of these.

OK - But I can't show them all. :-) But here are 3.






Last edited by BBWW; 02-07-2016 at 01:52 PM. Reason: I'm an Idiot - Can't spell or type or read.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 02-07-2016, 05:05 PM
wheater wheater is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: The music foundry
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
SORRY, I didn't see the start date on this thread. I've already showed off two of these.

OK - But I can't show them all. :-) But here are 3.





That's really nice quilted wood!
__________________
Lowden F25
Larrivee D-10
Martin LX1E
Hnos. Sanchis Lopez Flamenco 1F Extra
Francisco Navarro Grand Concert "Reyes" Blanca
Francisco Navarro Grand Concert "Conde" Negra



Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 02-07-2016, 06:06 PM
BBWW's Avatar
BBWW BBWW is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 3,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheater View Post
That's really nice quilted wood!

That's some really nice playing.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 02-07-2016, 06:23 PM
wheater wheater is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: The music foundry
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
That's some really nice playing.
Thank you!
__________________
Lowden F25
Larrivee D-10
Martin LX1E
Hnos. Sanchis Lopez Flamenco 1F Extra
Francisco Navarro Grand Concert "Reyes" Blanca
Francisco Navarro Grand Concert "Conde" Negra



Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 03-26-2016, 02:15 PM
HAMFIST HAMFIST is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Delafield, Wis.
Posts: 676
Default

Hey -- the three-day weekend is letting me putz with a Blue Yeti USB mic, my Oregon C20 limited edition and Sony ACID.

Check it out on SoundCloud ...
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 03-26-2016, 03:22 PM
PTC Bernie PTC Bernie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PTC GA
Posts: 4,538
Default Breedlove

OK, Lets try the new Picture upload function ;-}

Well, so much for that. It says the pix are too large. I'm not going to resize all my photos for one site. Sorry. I'm giving up on pictures here.

Last edited by PTC Bernie; 06-22-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 03-26-2016, 06:29 PM
westman westman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,056
Default

dont know if this has been mentioned -
has anyone any experience / links of removing the 'bridge truss' system.
I've got a buddy who has talked about doing it, I've suggested he do some research - is it 'structural' or what ?.
why I'm asking
__________________
I play an 'evolved' (modified) Cowboy guitar
Not sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 03-26-2016, 07:19 PM
steelvibe's Avatar
steelvibe steelvibe is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A mile over sea level in CO
Posts: 3,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westman View Post
dont know if this has been mentioned -
has anyone any experience / links of removing the 'bridge truss' system.
I've got a buddy who has talked about doing it, I've suggested he do some research - is it 'structural' or what ?.
why I'm asking
Enhances volume
• Flattens 'bellied' soundboards

A unique solution to a common bridge problem, this spruce device attaches beneath a guitar bridge. An adjustable spruce "pressure post" rests against the tailblock, providing leverage to flatten the soundboard.

The spruce block is 3/4" x 1-5/8" x 3-3/8" tall. The 1/4"-diameter tension rod is 9" long. The mounting post has three different positions to accomodate a variety of bridge styles.

I've owned a Breedlove with one installed and it sounded great. I've also played a ton of guitars without them and they sound great and often better. I feel that it is a great solution for vintage guitars, or problematic guitars but never felt there was necessarily a "tone enhancer". One thing I think they definitely do is increase sustain, no doubt in my mind about that.
__________________
'15 Martin D Jr2
'18 Journey OF660

Last edited by steelvibe; 03-26-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 03-26-2016, 07:51 PM
HAMFIST HAMFIST is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Delafield, Wis.
Posts: 676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Enhances volume
Flattens 'bellied' soundboards

A unique solution to a common bridge problem, this spruce device attaches beneath a guitar bridge. An adjustable spruce "pressure post" rests against the tailblock, providing leverage to flatten the soundboard.

The spruce block is 3/4" x 1-5/8" x 3-3/8" tall. The 1/4"-diameter tension rod is 9" long. The mounting post has three different positions to accomodate a variety of bridge styles.

I've owned a Breedlove with one installed and it sounded great. I've also played a ton of guitars without them and they sound great and often better. I feel that it is a great solution for vintage guitars, or problematic guitars but never felt there was necessarily a "tone enhancer". One thing I think they definitely do is increase sustain, no doubt in my mind about that.
If I am not mistaken, the bracing may be different for guitars with the bridge truss pre-installed than guitars that do not have it. Anyone got hte straight dope on this?
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=