The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-21-2018, 05:21 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitaurman View Post
If I may chime in here, I'm not Emerson but here's the way I set up my Sa 330 and my old Sa 220. Turn the unit on but turn the master volume to zero. With the mike plugged in make sure the 10dB pad button is out or not engaged. That pad is for really hot signals that are too hot for the normal settings and would distort. Then speak or sing into the mike while turning up the mike channel's gain until the little red light flashes. Turn the gain down slightly until the red light doesn't light up with the loudest vocal you will be using. Then do the same thing for the guitar channel. This provides the maximum clean preamp signal going to the amp section. Now turn up the master and see what you have. If either channel is too loud then you can turn down the gain slightly to balance the vocal and guitar sound. At that point just to make sure, you can hit the pad button and it should drop the volume considerably. Release that button and you should be good to go!

The idea is to simply have the channel's gain turned up as high as possible without the little red light flashing. When that red light next to the gain pot flashes it means your clipping the preamp. The hottest clean signal can then be amplified at lower master volume settings to achieve the same overall volume than with too low of a gain on the channels.
That is as good an explanation as can be given, and basically what the instructions say.

Eyesore: Follow them to the letter.

HE
Old 08-27-2018, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

So, Eyesore, did you get this all sorted out?

Steve
Old 08-27-2018, 06:26 PM

yes sir , pretty much so. every place i play is so different and requires some time to" play with the knobs". some places i play at ;there is no room to situate the amp in the right place ,so i have to make do.if the soloamp is right behind me ,when i move my head to the side ,the mic feeds back.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
some places i play at ;there is no room to situate the amp in the right place ,so i have to make do.if the soloamp is right behind me ,when i move my head to the side ,the mic feeds back.
It can be done. The right mic helps a great deal. I could not do this with my PR35, but, as you can see, can do it easily with my EV760.

Steve
Old 08-27-2018, 07:17 PM

very cool ! nice setup!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification