The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-22-2018, 11:05 AM

Default Want to mount a mic stand to my pedal board. Hardware?

I bought an Atlad Ms43e telescoping microphone stand and an Atlas Ad11be female threaded flange to mount to my pedal board. However, they are not compatible.

Called Atlas sound and they said that I need 2 pieces that work together. The QR2 and the QR2F. (Flange) it’s basically a quick release mechanism for the microphone stand.

The representative told me that the QR2F piece doesn’t show up on the website and I would need to get it through a distributor, but he didn’t know which one carried it.

He said that he gets these calls all the time for people wanting to mount a microphone stand to a pedal board. I’m confused because if he gets this call all the time, how does he not have the answer?

Maybe because he punked me off to find the answer myself by calling every distributor I could find. They make the part, but they don’t include it on their website, and then point you towards a distributor, but don’t tell you which one carries it.

Does anybody know where I could find these two parts or if there is another solution to mounting that specific microphone pole to a board?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-22-2018, 12:45 PM

Have a look at the Triad Orbit stuff, they have loads of different options for mounting mics, lights, cameras etc. Perhaps they have something in their range that will work for you.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsone View Post
Have a look at the Triad Orbit stuff, they have loads of different options for mounting mics, lights, cameras etc. Perhaps they have something in their range that will work for you.

I’ll take a loook. Thank you!

Also trying to find a source to buy an Atlas QR-2 and and Atlas QR-2F. The “F” is the flange that the QR-2 mounts to. It mounts to the pedal board, replacing the big heavy round metal base.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:17 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid! View Post
I bought an Atlad Ms43e telescoping microphone stand and an Atlas Ad11be female threaded flange to mount to my pedal board. However, they are not compatible.

Called Atlas sound and they said that I need 2 pieces that work together. The QR2 and the QR2F. (Flange) it’s basically a quick release mechanism for the microphone stand.

The representative told me that the QR2F piece doesn’t show up on the website and I would need to get it through a distributor, but he didn’t know which one carried it.

He said that he gets these calls all the time for people wanting to mount a microphone stand to a pedal board. I’m confused because if he gets this call all the time, how does he not have the answer?

Maybe because he punked me off to find the answer myself by calling every distributor I could find. They make the part, but they don’t include it on their website, and then point you towards a distributor, but don’t tell you which one carries it.

Does anybody know where I could find these two parts or if there is another solution to mounting that specific microphone pole to a board?

Thanks in advance!
Google, 15 seconds.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...QAvD_BwE&smp=y

HE
Old 07-23-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Emerson View Post
15 seconds? Cool.

Honestly if it was that easy, I would already have it in hand. I do love snarky comments though.

As much as I appreciate them, you only found half of the equation. Sadly, it’s the half that I already found. I need to find the QR2F as well. The “F” is the Flange part which replaces the big heavy weighted metal base.

The QR2 Is useful if you want to use the included metal base and have a quick release from it instead of having to continuously screw and unscrew the pole. If you want to mount it to a pedal board, you need the QR2F.

You screw the flange into the pedal board, and then you use the QR2 as a quick release off of that flange. Again: If anybody knows where I can get these two parts, please let me know. I need the QR2 and the QR2F. Both made by Atlas.

Last edited by The Kid!; 07-23-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:09 AM

Very persistent representative at full compass audio found me the QR2 and QR2F. I should have it in a week.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:08 AM

The QR2F exists and I have it in hand. Just need to hold it to my board when I get some time.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid! View Post
15 seconds? Cool.

Honestly if it was that easy, I would already have it in hand. I do love snarky comments though.

As much as I appreciate them, you only found half of the equation. Sadly, it’s the half that I already found. I need to find the QR2F as well. The “F” is the Flange part which replaces the big heavy weighted metal base.

The QR2 Is useful if you want to use the included metal base and have a quick release from it instead of having to continuously screw and unscrew the pole. If you want to mount it to a pedal board, you need the QR2F.

You screw the flange into the pedal board, and then you use the QR2 as a quick release off of that flange. Again: If anybody knows where I can get these two parts, please let me know. I need the QR2 and the QR2F. Both made by Atlas.
To be fair, you only pointed that out twice.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleolith54 View Post
To be fair, you only pointed that out twice.
True. I should have been clearer.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars