The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-25-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
The first one is a perfect example of way overdoing what your skills allow. Preposterous IMO.
Would make a great tatoo.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:22 PM

I haven't seen any embellishment herein that would be masculine or feminine to me. Just inlays, paints and flourishes that I (each of us) find too little, just right or too much. To each his/her own.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:12 PM

I've only seen pictures of the Martin Elvis Presley model and I don't know if that counts as manly bling or not. I also wonder if all that leather affects tone.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soao View Post
I've only seen pictures of the Martin Elvis Presley model and I don't know if that counts as manly bling or not. I also wonder if all that leather affects tone.
It makes your lip curl and gives you a gravely sound.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:25 AM

Away from internet on weekends. Back to work with a few minutes. Re: Flora and fauna questions: I don't think they are intrinsically masculine or feminine but the pic that got me thinking about this was of a Gibson Hummingbird design. For my tastes, it has a distinctly feminine feel. If I liked Gibson's it wouldn't prevent me from buying one, however. I also find the scroll designs (ex. the guitar on the home page of this site) to have a more feminine feel but actually would gravitate toward purchasing something with that on it, but for the cost of such work putting the cost of the guitar over the top for me. Love it, though.

Thanks again for all the cool pics, gender biased or not, there are designs here I've never seen before and am glad I did.

John
13 Fret Charis SJ
Martin D-41
Halcyon 12 Fret 000
A&L Ami
McIlroy A30c
Taylor 610 LTD
Martin DCPA1
Seagull Original
Gretsch White Falcon
Epi LP 60's Tribute Plus (Ebony)
Epi LP 60's Tribute Plus (HC Burst)
Epi Swingster Royale
Gibson LP Trad Pro II
Godin Exit 22
Old 01-26-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychojohn View Post
A pic from an guitar blinged out with flora and fauna motived the below post so I thought I'd start a dedicated thread and see what others thought.

"I ride a Victory classic cruiser with an old school flame job. I run a Stroker bass boat with a 300 Pro Max. I eat nails for breakfast and don't eat quiche. None the less I love the frilly (arguably feminine) appointments on this and other flora and faunally blinged out guitars.

Why don't we see more "MANLY" designs for bling. A flame job on the finger board, Valvoline stickers on the body, full metal jackets as bridge pins or cut up for frets or fret markers. Over stated but you get my question."

John

Good points.
Check out the Thailand breeds you'll find loads.
If not, you now know how to make $ 1,000,000 +, 'get out your pencil'-- that's a technical expression!!!
S

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion