The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-18-2012, 09:57 PM

Love it! The binding/purfling scheme is awesome, and the redwood, and the walnut... can't wait to build with the matching walnut sets I got from you over on the OLF classifieds

One thing that bothers me, though... why put a fingerboard extension overhanging the soundhole, but without any frets on it? Looks like you could have squeezed two more on there.

How do you like the soundport? I've been thinking about trying one of those, but keep chickening out.

Looking forward to hearing the sound clips
Old 07-21-2012, 11:34 PM

It is finished... and in my hands :-)

Super busy schedule and not time for a full review, but just quickly wanted to thank Jonathan for building me a fantastic instrument! It is breathtakingly beautiful, sounds amazing, great intonation (up the neck and with a capo on), and best, fastest, most comfortable neck ever...

Plus Jonathan is an absolutely great guy to work with, giving a ton of personal attention to detail, as well as great communication, creative ideas and pictures throughout the process. I can't believe this is only the fifth guitar this young man has built. He definitely has the gift! Some of the close up, cosmetic details are not quite as precise as the more experienced builders, but the quality is excellent and Jonathan isn't afraid to try new things even if he hasn't done them before (short scale, florentine cutaway, slim carve neck, spiral rosette).

I highly recommend that you buy one of his guitars and get in on something special. The experience, the options, the tone/playability and the price make his guitars one of the best values out there. Let's support this young man in his blossoming career!

Thanks, Jonathan! Or "Mr. Razo" :-)

"Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art."
Leonardo da Vinci
Old 07-23-2012, 10:41 AM

pics pics pics

Im falling in love with walnut.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:48 PM

Smile Jonathan Razo #5

Guess who's the new and proud owner of #5? Ooo... good guess! Saw it listed, and Doug and I did the deal! My Martins are NOT happy, but they'll adjust eventually. As a writer, I'm seeing that each guitar lends itself to capo placement, chords and overall feel. (As a full time bass player, I'm glad it's just one bass I play!). Anyway... new on the forum, glad I met Doug, and VERY happy with the new version of #5! It has a new spruce top, neck with new headstock, bridge and assorted pretties. Have y'all noticed how great Doug's photos are?? I'll try and steal some of his of this little grand piano!
Jonathan Razo #5

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop