The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-15-2018, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

A lot of beautiful guitars for sure ! For some reason I was taken by the white one, just different I guess.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:36 PM

While I could not view the Facebook video on my desktop, it worked just fine on my iPad this morning. Technology!

Congrats to all those who will receive these wonderful instruments in the coming week. To give you a little hope, my X30 got here yesterday (eight days in transit). As usual there was nothing on USPS tracking between leaving Heathrow until it was released from US Customs in San Francisco. Then it got here overnight. A NGD thread will be coming tomorrow. Right now I have to get back to it and play some more. My fingers have recovered after watching both of my wife's flute concerts today.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
While I could not view the Facebook video on my desktop, it worked just fine on my iPad this morning. Technology! . . . . .
A work around for the video issue is to copy the facebook full address:

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldGuit...6007415188386/

then replace the "www" with "m" like this:

https://m.facebook.com/EmeraldGuitar...6007415188386/

This should immediately give you a page that allows you to play the video.

Cheers!
Old 12-20-2018, 06:53 AM
Charter Member

Anyone else in our shipmemt still showing in Heathrow? My tracking shows having arrived there on the 17th, but it hasn’t left yet (three days later) after being received.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 12-20-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Anyone else in our shipmemt still showing in Heathrow? My tracking shows having arrived there on the 17th, but it hasn’t left yet (three days later) after being received.
Mine says: "ITEM DESPATCHED FROM LONDON HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB 18-Dec-18 01:14"

Then... nothing, even though it is a very short flight between London and the Netherlands. Apparently that is normal if I remember correctly from what I have read here.

It has not shown up in the local postal service tracking app yet.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 12-20-2018, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
Mine says: "ITEM DESPATCHED FROM LONDON HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB 18-Dec-18 01:14"

Then... nothing, even though it is a very short flight between London and the Netherlands. Apparently that is normal if I remember correctly from what I have read here.

It has not shown up in the local postal service tracking app yet.
Ah, you are fortunate. My last activity is “ ITEM RECEIVED LONDON HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB 17-Dec-18 20:44.”. Three days later, still at Heathrow.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 12-20-2018, 04:14 PM
Guest 928

I've stopped doing tracking numbers--they turn me into a compulsive obsessive. Where is it now? Has it moved in the last 5 minutes? Oh no, it's going backwards. Now, I figure it will show up when it shows up--a perfect bit of logic that sometimes works.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I've stopped doing tracking numbers--they turn me into a compulsive obsessive. Where is it now? Has it moved in the last 5 minutes? Oh no, it's going backwards. Now, I figure it will show up when it shows up--a perfect bit of logic that sometimes works.
Ahh yes, I am the impatient type. But I also have an additional motivation - I leave for a two week trip on January 3rd, so if it doesn’t come by the 2nd, that would be bad indeed as I won’t be able to sign for it. In that case, perhaps it heads back to Ireland if nobody signs for it? So with USPS delays with the holidays, and losing both 12/25 and 1/1 as possible delivery dates, it still showing never having left Heathrow makes me more than a tad nervous.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:50 PM

Since it is coming via USPS you should be able to put a "hold for pickup at facility" comment using the tracking number, just like holding your other mail. Verify this capability and the process with your local post office ahead of time, if your guitar doesn't come before you leave for your trip.

Plan B would be to let your neighbor know to watch for the big box while you are gone. There are so many reports lately of parcels left at the door anyway even with a "signature required". It is unusual to be stuck at Heathrow. But it is completely normal for all tracking disappear once you read "despached from Heathrow" right up until it is actually delivered to your home. US Customs is a barrier to tracking and USPS tracking is just abysmal.

My fingers are crossed for you..... My X30 took eight days total, arriving last Friday afternoon and was in the prior week's shipment.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Guest 928

OH NO! A two week window before all is lost. I'd start washing windows, the car, and so forth--got to keep busy lest the mind blow up in small-font tracking numbers.

That Earl guy has some recommendations that might be better than the above suggestions.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:05 AM

Glad my last one got to me in like 4 days... hope this helps
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-21-2018, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Glad my last one got to me in like 4 days... hope this helps

EDIT: After days of refreshing it on my phone and iPad, I just tried it on my computer and now it shows despatched. Woo hoo! Weird part is, despite constantly refreshing the tracking page, and entering it on two different devices, plus a delivery app, it now is reflecting it was indeed dispatched on the 18th, the day after it got to Heathrow. Does that make any sense? Why on Earth would it be different on my Mac from my portable devices? And if you refresh it, it should give you the current status. But my phone, refreshed just now, still shows sitting in Heathrow. Oh well, I wish I had tried using a third device days ago, it makes absolutely no sense to me, but at least now I'm confident it will arrive before I go out of town. I know now not to bother tracking it any more, it will get here eventually. There is a bit of zen that comes from knowing tracking is now futile. Whew.

Last edited by wickedwahine; 12-21-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:58 AM

Mine got here faster cause my year old Mac i27 is darn fast... yes that's gotta be it. My phone (Galaxy 9) has lied to me a couple times...though might have been the person on the other end..
Anyway, Alistair just told me a couple hours ago that some orders zip right through like the week before and some get stuck, just the luck of the draw. (Also might depend on how many guitar players are working the airport the day they show up.)
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-21-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Oh well, I wish I had tried using a third device days ago, it makes absolutely no sense to me, but at least now I'm confident it will arrive before I go out of town. I know now not to bother tracking it any more, it will get here eventually. There is a bit of zen that comes from knowing tracking is now futile. Whew.
Technology can be baffling. Sometimes you have to clear the cache and browsing history to get the new page update. Otherwise it just loads the buffer again, even though it SHOULD grab the new info upon each refresh. My browsers never have updated USPS tracking until the guitars arrived. However, my wife can check using the same tracking number on the USPS app on her iPhone 8 and she gets more updated information. Go figure. I think it is just her - she has a real rapport with Apple products.

Progress is good! You may not have your new custom X7 for Christmas morning, but you should get it next week sometime. [fingers crossed] It is coming by priority air mail, so once US Customs releases it to USPS, it gets to you pretty quickly.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Technology can be baffling. Sometimes you have to clear the cache and browsing history to get the new page update. Otherwise it just loads the buffer again, even though it SHOULD grab the new info upon each refresh. My browsers never have updated USPS tracking until the guitars arrived. However, my wife can check using the same tracking number on the USPS app on her iPhone 8 and she gets more updated information. Go figure. I think it is just her - she has a real rapport with Apple products.

Progress is good! You may not have your new custom X7 for Christmas morning, but you should get it next week sometime. [fingers crossed] It is coming by priority air mail, so once US Customs releases it to USPS, it gets to you pretty quickly.
Thanks Earl. PS - there is an additional X7 coming in the future, when it arrives, I will be selling the koa X7. I remember that when I initially got it, I gave you first dibs on it, so if you are still interested, I'll offer it to you first when the new steel string arrives (guessing February/March-ish?)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber