The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-27-2023, 08:35 AM
Charter Member

Default Eart e325

My brother in-law bought an Eart telecaster knock-off. The guitar plays easily and the sound through his Amp works for me.
The e-325 model has captured my interest. Have you played one? Do you own one?
I would have to online order. The return policy looks to be favorable.
If you have experience with the guitar or the company, in general, please tell me about it.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2023, 08:11 AM

Never heard of Eart, so I Googled it before commenting.

Earts are probably perfectly good guitars. Most Asian imports are, these days. And you like your brother-in-law's, which suggests they know how to make guitars.

That said, most Chinese makers aren't very environmentally conscious or worker-friendly. And a cross-Pacific trip has quite a carbon footprint. So I'd continue looking into the company before donating to it.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

I recently purchased an Eart Strat-type guitar from Amazon. Here is my thread on this.

This is a thread on an Eart Tele-style guitar started by Chickee.

I like my Eart guitar, but I like it particularly because I changed the pickups in it to Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s, which sound great. The playability is fine. I did have to polish mine to get some shine into the finish and I did change the pick guard, which I thought was quite ugly. I did file a few frets that were a little high.

This is the only really cheap guitar I own, but fixed up, it's a cool guitar. I'm using it a lot. I do own a half dozen good quality, American-made guitars (Gibson ES-335 and Les Paul, two Fender Strats, a Rick 360 12-string, an Eastman archtop with pickup), so I do understand the differences.

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars