The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-02-2002, 08:28 AM

I assume you're talking about Adirondack when you're talking red spruce. I don't know if I'd want an Adirondack top on a cocobolo (of course, I've never tried one, so I reserve my right to change my mind if I ever come across one) ... I'd think it would sound too bright and maybe a bit shallow. I really like it on Brazilian and Indian Rosewood ... and it sounds great on Macassar Ebony.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:49 AM

ok........easy stuff would most likely be the way to go for a beginer

so, with that in mind..........what would be the "SWEETEST" guitar a beginer could tackle??

mahogany/cedar???

fingerstyle playing being the focus here.

Won a strap from the B.I.W.B. contest.
Ibanez AW300NT (its a new start)
Old 03-07-2002, 01:39 PM

man I'd like to try it...but this dude at this local guitar store sliced off 3 of his fingers shaving down a fretboard....needless to say his career is over...he was an awesome guitar player 2

I dunno, I might try it someday
Old 03-13-2002, 03:25 PM

I have a classical guitar built, just need to do some finish sanding and apply the finish. I got the wood from lmii for $250 or so (?) and did it for my wood tech course at college. Another guy in my class made an acoustic with Padauk which is kinda of a crazy red color. His guitar turned out real nice. I would agree about the mahogany, apart from the calculations, the bending of the wood is an absolute killer if its your first time bending the stuff. I had mahogany and the sides bent fine (with a lot of patience though) but i hurried a little on the bindings and snapped a couple of them. Not a big deal though. It was a fun project I just hope I can get it done someday.

peace
jon

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification