The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

View Poll Results: Would You Support a Worship Section on TGF
Yes, I would activley contirubute to music & other related threads 13 41.94%
Yes, I wouldn't contribute much, but feel it would add value to TGF 5 16.13%
No, I would only contribute occasionally, if at all 0 0%
No, We have too many sections already 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2002, 11:56 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Whoa! Excellent, dude!

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 02-28-2002, 12:07 AM

I keep seeing these references to the "hate" in the other thread. Really? I read the entire thing through and I sure don't see any "hate." Maybe you'd like to cite some examples.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:59 AM

I am completely against adding a forum section such as this. Things that aren't Taylor or guitar related already have their own forum where any topic can be discussed freely 'Anything Goes'. To add a section that excludes a large portion of the membership simply because of their beliefs would be divisive.

Derek

14fret 0
12fret 000
Old 02-28-2002, 08:48 AM
guitar, amp fixer upper.

Guys...GUys...GUYS..(and Girls) !!!!!!
The subject I believe is Worship MUSIC. Not religion. If someone does a song that says " I love God" or I don't love God ", If the main point is an "A" chord or "D" chord, what is the problem ? There are people here on the forum who do alot of live performing in front of other people. And there are those who only play on their couch in their boxers ! So what !!!!!! We all still play Taylor guitars. This fact does not seperate us or bring us together, it is what it is. So just keep it about the music and the Taylor that you play that music with. It's for God or not for God is not the issue. It's the music and the guitar. Worship music, no matter what is still music, with chords and progressions and timing and ...MUSIC STUFF ! So can't we all just get along ? hehehehe

I do love you guys, "You fill up my senses"....

Ron
Old 02-28-2002, 09:20 AM

While I do believe that a worship forum could be worthwhile, I also believe that the same things could be accomplished in threads. I can appreciate the concerns of Tom and Atlantis, and trust their judgement.

This is an excellent site....well-mannered and informative. I appreciate the absence of bad language, the adherence to not discussing price, and the overall honor given to Bob Taylor and Taylor guitars. I am thankful to all who have made this site a reality, and for the knowledge that I've gained in my visits here.

I do hope that as threads develop regarding worship or church music, that those who cannot relate to such topics will be graceful in not claiming "divisiveness", but will view the thread as either something to be ignored, or the opportunity to gain new insight on how some of us use our Taylors.

The common denominator is still Taylor guitars here. Whether they are used in a bar or a church. And as a Christian, I promise not to be offended if you happen to use your Taylor in a bar and want to talk about it.

Larrivee OM40 Rosewood
Larrivee OM40 Mahogany
2011 Taylor 314ce

Yamaha BB Bass, Fender Strats, PRS
Old 02-28-2002, 09:55 AM

Ref Tr...
" If ANY threads, Christian or not, began to fester in Hate like that one did, they will be locked. There are two guidelines for posting here.
1) Do not discuss price!!!!
2) In the words of Bill and Ted "Be excellent to each other". Ok, in reality, it is more like, disrepect and hate will not be tolerated...but I always loved the B&T quote.

Outside of that, things are pretty much fair game.
Hope that helps :-)

Tom "

Hey TR,

Whew, What a livley thread! Well, we have come full circle. From what I can gather from your clarification, Worship Music in particular, and even some related Worship topics are A-OK as long as everyone Keeps HATE and DISRESPECT out of the thread. "Being excellent to each other" actually sounds a lot like "Love One Another"! Hey, I can get into that :-).

From what I can gather at this point then, the Worhip Threads should be posted in the NOW HEAR THIS section, and just be nice, because NOT being nice means your comments will be "arrested" by the forum moderators. This then is the case for All Topics, not just Worhsip. I think I have that right. Please tell me if I am off base.

That being the case I feel comfortable redirecting the the 35 plus e-mails interested in a Worhsip Forum for Taylor Owners, back to the NOW HEAR THIS Section. This sounds like a good compromise, but I would expect the NOW HEAR THIS section to be booming in threads related to the Worship Related Music topics. Hope that is ok.

<><
Ron
Lonesome Picker (NC)
Old 02-28-2002, 12:13 PM

Default The Worship List

Quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut
What are some links to Christian worship music boards?
For those who want a place to discuss Christian worship (including but not limited to music), I can recommend this e-mail list serv. I've been subscribed for, I don't know, 5 or 6 years.

Keep in mind, it's an e-mail list, not an online forum. So you get EVERY note that's posted, without categorizing by topic. You can get a daily digest version instead of individual notes if you prefer.

To subscribe, go to www.praise.net/worship and look for the Forum link. (There are other good worship resources on that web page also.)

At last report, over 800 people were subscribed, although - like TGF or any forum - active participation is much less. It's for pastors, worship leaders, musicians, or just anybody who has an interest in the topic of "worship." It tends toward the contemporary and blended perspectives, but traditional and/or liturgical churches are also welcome and represented. (My own church is a contemporarily traditional, liturgically blended type. )

Topics range from "what kind of guitar do you lead worship with" (hint, hint) to "how do you handle announcements without disrupting the flow", to "let me vent because the pastor AGAIN cut the music short because he preached too long." Technical, non-technical, theological, spiritual, devotional, practical... all kinds of posts are welcome as long as they're mainly worship-oriented. Arguing about infant baptism would not be allowed, but talking about designing a service around a baptism would be fine.

The list has a handful of "Advisors", just like TGF's moderators, who keep an eye on things to make sure the guidelines are being followed. (I used to be one.) Posts aren't censored in advance - except in specific cases - but the Advisors will privately remind people who break the rules.

It's been a tremendous help to me as a worship leader over the years.

(Reposted from another similar thread)
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18
Old 02-28-2002, 01:28 PM
.tom the übergeek

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonesome Picker

Hey TR,

Whew, What a livley thread! Well, we have come full circle. From what I can gather from your clarification, Worship Music in particular, and even some related Worship topics are A-OK as long as everyone Keeps HATE and DISRESPECT out of the thread. "Being excellent to each other" actually sounds a lot like "Love One Another"! Hey, I can get into that :-).
Bingo!!!!

Quote:
From what I can gather at this point then, the Worhip Threads should be posted in the NOW HEAR THIS section, and just be nice, because NOT being nice means your comments will be "arrested" by the forum moderators. This then is the case for All Topics, not just Worhsip. I think I have that right. Please tell me if I am off base.
Right On. Let me clarify my view of "nice" I am not talking June Cleaver here. I enjoy healthy debate even if it gets heated. However, a level of respect for the person (if not the opinion) needs to be upheld. When THAT deteriorates, there will likely be intervention from one or more of us. As long as things stay on a "repectful disagreement" level, all is good.

Quote:
That being the case I feel comfortable redirecting the the 35 plus e-mails interested in a Worhsip Forum for Taylor Owners, back to the NOW HEAR THIS Section. This sounds like a good compromise, but I would expect the NOW HEAR THIS section to be booming in threads related to the Worship Related Music topics. Hope that is ok.

<><
Ron
Lonesome Picker (NC)
I am not about to dictate how many thread hit a topic. If the worship music performance issue requires that many posts....cool. If coffee house work needs 50 threads, then cool too. We wanted more traffic in this topic (Now Hear This) and this seemed like a good way to do that.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-28-2002, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

Directing our worship music posts to Now Hear This is a good idea to me.
It serves the purpose of allowing the specifics of worship music (or any other kind for that matter) to be discussed without making a separate section that might feel like exclusivity to some. I believe it's the best thing for the forum too.
Lisa
Old 02-28-2002, 07:35 PM
.tom the übergeek

Thanks Lisa. You are always nicer about it than I am ...
Old 03-02-2002, 07:59 AM

I say yes, even at the cost of dropping a less used section to make room for it....

Won a strap from the B.I.W.B. contest.
Ibanez AW300NT (its a new start)
Old 03-02-2002, 01:00 PM
.tom the übergeek

Post em if you got em....

The proper place for those topics is in Now Hear This until further notice.

Thanks,
Old 03-04-2002, 09:44 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Hey, guys. I appreciate your enthusiasm for a praise and worship section. But I'd prefer to keep the Taylor forum as the Taylor forum, and leave the praise and worship forums to other boards or mailing lists that specialize in them. Lots of good reasons have already been stated. But I'd prefer that other members of the forum not feel like the forum is catering to one group over another. Thanks.

J.R.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut
What are some links to Christian worship music boards?
http://www.christianguitar.ws/boards

Its a great site for Christian and worship music tabs/chords. The boards are awesome, and there are way more people there than here...

Also good for theology debate, general chat, guitar help, etc.

Someone loved me so much that they died for me. They love you too. Want to know who? E-mail or PM me.

Check out http://www.christianguitar.ws/boards for great boards to talk about Christian issues, debate, learn and ask questions about guitar, and hang out. There are tons of people, and you will get quick responses.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:14 PM

While I certainly would not mind seeing a Worship Section on here, it would be OK with me if there wasn't, as long as people could still post worship music in any forum.

Someone loved me so much that they died for me. They love you too. Want to know who? E-mail or PM me.

Check out http://www.christianguitar.ws/boards for great boards to talk about Christian issues, debate, learn and ask questions about guitar, and hang out. There are tons of people, and you will get quick responses.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification