The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-02-2002, 08:56 AM

Yes! I can relate. I used to make out set lists, but never stuck with them, so I quit making those. Now in between songs its like, ok, whats next? I get indecisive as if i dont have many to choose from. Or maybe I have too many. I get this "duh" feeling.. Thats why I like requests. And it is nice to have my songlist there, to help me pick out something that maybe I havent played in a while.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to WalkDontRun

one or two.... but i do have several internet fakebooks,i've compiled on my own(1000)+songs.....and bagelsgirl's show is well worth catching........
Old 03-02-2002, 09:23 AM

Ok...

..now I have to expose my nerddom...

I have an excel spreadsheet playlist I put together with each song I know and I have column headings for Lyrics, Chords, Bridge, Capo Position, and Overall. I then grade (A, B, C etc) each category. The ones with the lower grades I try to work on unitl I know the chords, lyrics etc by heart.

I have the same problem with remembering what I know. I started putting this together when I came home from a frustrating evening at cousins house after not thinking of anything to play....got home and then played by myself for 2 hours...remembering all the stuff I couldnt earlier.

Bob
Old 03-02-2002, 09:33 AM

Tough to get old, ain't it? The mind's the first thing to go.

Yeah, I like requests too. Sitting around a party or some other get together with people asking, "...say, do you know_____?", is the best kind of situation for me. Not only do I know the song but it reminds me of a dozen others and I'm off on another roll.
Old 03-04-2002, 04:58 PM

Well, lets put it this way. I'm working on #1. Hey, ya gotta start somewhere, don't ya?
Old 03-06-2002, 04:34 AM

BobS,
It may be nerdy ,but a great idea!
I have no idea how many songs, hundreds for sure. I get that duh whats next thing too!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification