The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-04-2020, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
Sweetwater. Is showing the two amps now
I checked out the V100 on their site. Is there no carrying handle on this amp?
Old 08-04-2020, 10:28 AM

I think the handle is like on the fender acoustic 100, sfx amps. Something to carry in your living room.
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 08-04-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I checked out the V100 on their site. Is there no carrying handle on this amp?
Don't think there's one, no pole mount as well. Welcome to the 50s'!
Old 08-05-2020, 09:04 AM

I have pre-ordered one from Sweetwater. While it may not have battery power, a handle or carrying case it will hopefully fill a need for me. My practice room is a finished room above our garage. I store my gear downstairs near the garage door because I'm old and lazy. Lugging my Bose S1, pedal board, etc., upstairs to practice is a minor pain.

For $600 this unit should solve that. I'll leave it set up and have access to the looper, effects, harmonizer, etc., that are on my pedal board. Hopefully it will also fill a niche for tiny gigs where you just need to plug and play.

I'll post a review when I get it...which could be weeks or months given the lack of any real concrete info coming from TC Helicon.

Cheers.
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah
Old 08-05-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppster View Post
I have pre-ordered one from Sweetwater. While it may not have battery power, a handle or carrying case it will hopefully fill a need for me. My practice room is a finished room above our garage. I store my gear downstairs near the garage door because I'm old and lazy. Lugging my Bose S1, pedal board, etc., upstairs to practice is a minor pain.

For $600 this unit should solve that. I'll leave it set up and have access to the looper, effects, harmonizer, etc., that are on my pedal board. Hopefully it will also fill a niche for tiny gigs where you just need to plug and play.

I'll post a review when I get it...which could be weeks or months given the lack of any real concrete info coming from TC Helicon.

Cheers.
Thanks Ruppster, looking forward to hearing your opinion on it. Even better still, a recording of how the amp sounds!
Old 08-06-2020, 08:00 AM

now listed on Sweetwater

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...stic-amplifier

Any reason to choose this over the Boss Acoustic Singer? From what I can quickly see, the speaker is larger and they include a footswitch.
But once again, it's probably just a Play Acoustic packed into an amp, so I'm guessing the vocal stuff will sound great and the guitar will be just OK,
while the Boss unit does the opposite...great guitar sound but not as good vocal stuff.

Last edited by JackB1; 08-06-2020 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
now listed on Sweetwater

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...stic-amplifier

Any reason to choose this over the Boss Acoustic Singer? From what I can quickly see, the speaker is larger and they include a footswitch.
But once again, it's probably just a Play Acoustic packed into an amp, so I'm guessing the vocal stuff will sound great and the guitar will be just OK,
while the Boss unit does the opposite...great guitar sound but not as good vocal stuff.
I'm getting it more for convenience than anything else. I play through a T-Rex Soulmate and, to me, it's the sturdiest, best sounding, versatile, multi-effects unit I've played. I have it on a pedal board with a TC Helicon Harmonizer and battery brick. It takes a minute to set up and tear down. All my gig stuff is by my garage door and in my garage, making it easy to load and unload the gear I need for a particular gig. Problem is, my "practice room" is up a flight of stairs above the garage and I don't like schlepping the gear up the stairs, setting up, and tearing down every time I want to practice tunes like I'll play them at the gig (as opposed to working on them dry). The Harmony 100V will allow me to keep a rig ready for practice at all times with most of the effects I use (looping, harmonizer, etc.) when I play out.

I imagine I'll use it for small gigs as well or when I go to a rehearsal with the band.

$600 bucks isn't cheap but with 24 months no interest financing from Sweetwater I'll be able to throw $25-$30 bucks at it a month so....what the heck . Best case I'll like more than I thought and put it to good use. Worst case, I'll be underwhelmed and sell it for a loss somewhere down the road. Be curious to read what others think once it's been out for a few months.
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah

Last edited by Ruppster; 08-08-2020 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:59 AM

Like you I want it for convenience and for small gigs and also for home practice. I like that they include the footswitch. Boss makes you pay
for one separately which is ridiculous. Also the TCH unit has a much larger speaker and you know the voice effects will sound awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppster View Post
I'm getting it more for convenience than anything else. I play through a T-Rex Soulmate and, to me, it's the sturdiest, best sounding, versatile, multi-effects unit I've played. I have it on a pedal board with a TC Helicon Harmonizer and battery brick. It takes a minute to set up and tear down. All my gig stuff is by my garage door and in my garage, making it easy to load and unload the gear I need for a particular gig. Problem is, my "practice room" is up a flight of stairs above the garage and I don't like schlepping the gear up the stairs, setting up, and tearing down every time I want to practice tunes like I'll play them at the gig (as opposed to working on them dry). The Harmony 100V will allow me to keep a rig ready for practice at all times with most of the effects I use (looping, harmonizer, etc.) when I play out.

I imagine I'll use it for small gigs as well or when I go to a rehearsal with the band.

$600 bucks isn't cheap but with 24 months no interest financing from Sweetwater I'll be able to throw $25-$30 bucks at it a month so....what the heck . Best case I'll like more than I thought and put it to good use. Worst case, I'll be underwhelmed and sell it for a loss somewhere down the road. Be curious to read what others think once it's been out for a few months.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:05 AM

Sweetwater just told me mid October for these!!!???

Why do companies release videos to create interest and then you can't even buy the product for 3 months??? Seems like bad marketing IMO.

Last edited by JackB1; 08-12-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-15-2020, 12:31 PM

TC Helicon just said 4-6 weeks from now on this. Can’t wait
Seems like a better buy than the Boss Acoustic Singer, which has some weird design flaws to it.

Does this thing have handles? How do you carry it??? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 08-15-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Seems like a better buy than the Boss Acoustic Singer, which has some weird design flaws to it.

Does this thing have handles? How do you carry it??? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
I"m guessing multiple bungee cords wrapped around our frail bodies with it strapped on our backs?

Taking away features is a feature these days!
Old 08-15-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:

I guess where it says the name on the top it is also a handle. Not a particularly comfortable one.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:06 AM

Oh I wonder if that black part is a strap that pulls out? The 100 watt model is 35 pounds. Needs a handle for transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I guess where it says the name on the top it is also a handle. Not a particularly comfortable one.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:47 AM

Watching one of the videos on Sweetwater, it looks as if the top control panel is angled at the black trim piece such that an area under that trim piece might be used as a carry 'handle'(?)

Old 08-16-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF_48 View Post
Watching one of the videos on Sweetwater, it looks as if the top control panel is angled at the black trim piece such that an area under that trim piece might be used as a carry 'handle'(?)

Aha!!! I said it on post 62!!! Thanks MarkF!!!
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification