The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-01-2020, 07:16 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Wonderful words. Vince wasn't lucky when it came to that Nashville flood a few years back.
No, but his kind woman has been buying him vintage guitars, as we see in the tour of his collection. We can't afford to dabble in vintage but my lovely wife has hooked me up with most of my dreams. The quote above is at 4:08.

Link HERE.

Followed by, "Could use some tuning. Couldn't we all?"

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)

Last edited by Kerbie; 01-01-2020 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Fixed video
Old 01-01-2020, 10:28 AM

In was very lucky with my les paul melody maker. Gibson made a special version for 2014, with two p90 and a fully carved maple top. Never made a les paul quite like it before or since. I never heard of it until 2016 by which time is was way too late. They were supposed to be £600, which is really good value for a made in America guitar.

I looked around for ages, and then found someone that still had one in stoxk- unopened box- discounted to £400 to get rid of it!!! Bought it atraig away and it's the best les Paul I've ever had - it's only Gibson I've ever owned where I can't find a single flaw in it at all!

Last edited by RalphH; 01-01-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphH View Post
In was very lucky with my les paul melody maker. Gibson made a special version for 2014, with two p90 and a fully carved maple top. Never made a les paul quite like it before or since. I never heard of it until 2016 by which time is was way too late. They were supposed to be £600, which is really good value for a made in America guitar.

I looked around for ages, and then found someone that still had one in stoxk- unopened box- discounted to £400 to get rid of it!!! Bought it atraig away and it's the best les Paul I've ever had - it's only Gibson I've ever owned where I can't find a single flaw in it at all!
I had a feeling once your selling thread was moved to the electric den we’d bring you back in the fold - I think your Gibson would work best with a band - that model does great guns at high volume.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:25 PM

Funnily enough, that is the Gibson I was selling... and funnily enough, while watching the band at the new years eve party last night, my wife said "dont sell your electric, you never know when you might need it". So I pulled it off Ebay. Guess I'm not leaving just yet lol

I put emg active pickups in it when I got it. I already had a normal burstbucker pro les paul at the time and I wanted something a little different. It's an absolute hard rock and metal monster of a les paul.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphH View Post
Funnily enough, that is the Gibson I was selling... and funnily enough, while watching the band at the new years eve party last night, my wife said "dont sell your electric, you never know when you might need it". So I pulled it off Ebay. Guess I'm not leaving just yet lol

I put emg active pickups in it when I got it. I already had a normal burstbucker pro les paul at the time and I wanted something a little different. It's an absolute hard rock and metal monster of a les paul.
Yah, if you’re not playing in a band I can see why that guitar may not be too well suited for home use - low output pickups offer more colour and definition, in my experience.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
There was a thread on the acoustic forum to do with lucky guitar purchase & acquisition, which I found odd - for me, it’s all about hard work practicing and expense with prices - but in the electric field I definitely feel lucky with the Fender Classic Series Telecaster, specifically to do with very quiet and ultra clean, colourful tone, paired with the bright and clean Fender Blues Junior III amp - it’s a sonic world at low volume I find is as satisfying as with my quality acoustic guitars.

How about you, do you feel lucky with your electric guitar and amplifiers & equipment?
Jaden, you are spot on.

There was a time when I collected wildlife art. I read a story that went like this....

A famous wildlife artist, Les Kouba, was greeting "fans" at an art show and a guy said to him.... "You're an artist. You're lucky." Les Kouba looked him square in the eye and said.... "Ya. And the harder I work, the luckier I am."

Best comeback evah. Ever.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3notes View Post
Jaden, you are spot on.

There was a time when I collected wildlife art. I read a story that went like this....

A famous wildlife artist, Les Kouba, was greeting "fans" at an art show and a guy said to him.... "You're an artist. You're lucky." Les Kouba looked him square in the eye and said.... "Ya. And the harder I work, the luckier I am."

Best comeback evah. Ever.
Thanks - I find acoustic guitar much more work, the electric is easier to control, it can go as quiet as necessary late at night, but my OM is a monster - a small guitar? Huh? Fingerpicking lightly it has huge bass, it’s completely opened up sonically, and always a matter of very selective and precise individual string muting to make the music I want - the Tele is much easier to handle - I may sell the acoustic.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:31 PM

best tone ever from a NIOMA Lap Steel

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars