The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 12-14-2018, 03:28 PM

Default 2007 Collings OM2e Cutaway Short Scale

SOLD. I have owned this guitar for 10 years. I bought it from the original owner who bought it new. When I bought it from my friend I already had a Collings OM1 short scale that I absolutely loved. But upon playing his I told him that If you should ever sell it that I wanted to be the first in line. This guitar has that special something, a combination of fundamental tones with a really pleasing pallet of overtones. In prior years, I had bought and sold over 30 fine guitars. This one was the cure for "the search". I swore I would never sell it but problems with my hands have me moving towards the electric guitar. This guitar looks beautiful, is in great shape but has signs of use. It has 1 1/2" long crack in the back adjacent to the center stripe at the base. The crack never separated but I had it professionally repaired anyway by Leo Posch. I tried to show it in the included photos. It has 6 or 7 dings on it. Those are also illustrated on the photos. Frets are in great shape with very minor wear. It has always been perfectly humidified year round, never been around smoking, never left my house. This guitar was built using Podium specs. Their idea was to create a lightweight opened-toned fingerstyle guitar. Rather than go over the specs I am including spec sheet from Collings (found in the Flickr link below).

Please view detail pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmvfjUw2

Last edited by Greg S; 01-18-2019 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 12-14-2018, 07:30 PM
Charter Member

I have personally played this beauty and can vouch for the guitar and the seller. Both A+!
Old 12-18-2018, 10:34 AM

Thank you Skim500!
Old 01-16-2019, 01:49 PM

Still for sale!
Old 01-17-2019, 03:57 PM
Charter Member

Hi, where is the guitar located and would you offer an approval period with buyer paying shipping both ways if returned?
Old 01-17-2019, 06:56 PM

Hi gibsonfan. There is a pending sale on the Collings. I will let you know if it becomes available. Thanks for your interest.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
collings, cutaway, om2, short scale