The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-01-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I was going to purchase a Fender Blues Jr. NOS, but stumbled onto this one:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...SABEgJMKPD_BwE

I like it....
When/if they ever produce it in a blonde/oxblood version with a Cannabis Rex 10 (think mini-Supersonic) let me know...
Old 10-01-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I was going to purchase a Fender Blues Jr. NOS, but stumbled onto this one https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...SABEgJMKPD_BwE. I like it....
That looks good; with the speaker upgrade (the weak link on the base model) this should perform really well.

I’ve since come to favour the Pro Jr IV with Jensen 10” speaker over the Blues Jr III for more touch sensitivity and the bass has gained definition through the gentle seating in/ breaking in. From finger on the string, it feels very direct response to the cone and nice and crisp too.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:10 PM

I have to say, when I use each of these small Fender tube amplifiers, after having established some basic tone and volume settings, within a minute or two (guitars straight into the amps, no effects), I become lost into the music within a minute and I’m not thinking about gear or being critical of tone (which sometimes can happen with acoustic guitars for me) - all of this to say, in my opinion, despite common criticism that this company is too ‘big’ for its own good - Fender knows how to make a good amplifier (and they produce amps more pricey and better than these three I’ve tested), and you can’t go wrong with either of these models (just as long as you weren’t in Australia when that so called crate shipment of amps received damage to some internal components that hit the market).
Old 10-17-2019, 11:44 AM

I had a Pro Jr for a few years. Nice little amp with great tone, but loud. I just couldn't get the tone that I wanted unless I was willing to tolerate the volume. I am more satisfied with the Super Champ, with two caveats: in my opinion it benefits from a speaker upgrade and a decent stand. I changed the speaker to a Cannabis Rex 10" and the amp now sits on a small Gator folding stand.
Jonathan Vacanti archtop
Aaron Garcia Ruiz classical

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars