The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-16-2019, 02:44 PM

Default Settings for Fender Blues Jr IV amp

I am new to electric guitars and amps. I have two electrics, US fender Strat and US Fender Tele with the above amp. I am a 70 year old male and a relative guitar newbie. I am practicing blues using Marty Schwartz video lessons. At this time, blues shuffles are my practice sessions. Any recommendations for amp settings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:03 PM

It’s all personal preference, you can have treble, bass, middle at noon position, fat switch off and reverb off to give you a base to work from.

I like to boost the middle tone to 2 or 3 o’clock, treble at 10 o'clock, and bass at 10 o'clock on version III, but it’s a brighter amp than your IV.

Reverb and fat switch I don’t use, but the latter can boost lower midrange at low volume.

Have fun, you have good equipment for the blues
Old 10-16-2019, 04:13 PM

For Volume and Master, you can try both at 10 o’clock to start, and roll back on the volume control on your guitar. I use Telecasters, and with those I have the tone control rolled 80% back to reduce treble response with the bridge pickup. The tone control on your guitars should always be rolled back some with a tube amp.

Some folks like to have the Master at full / max and Volume only barely employed (8 o’clock) which provides maximum touch sensitivity but works the output tubes hard.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars