The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-14-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Currie View Post
Look into TRIC cases. I won't buy any other 'soft' cases ever.
I agree and buy any I can find for sale used.
20 Epiphone EJ-200SE-12-VS
20 PRS P20E
16 Breedlove D25/SRH Pro Series
17 Guild D-140
? Cort Luce L300V-F SB
17 Gibson SG Standard T
14 Ibanez AM93-TKS
04 Fender Stratocaster
21 Epiphone IBG ES335 Figured.
23 PRS SE McCarty 594
89 Marc Beneteau Dreadnaught
Old 11-14-2019, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr81dorn View Post
Check out MUSIC AREA gig bags on Amazon - they are from China and I think they just robbed all the high-end gig bag companies' patents. They are EXCEPTIONAL and way cheaper than comparable bags.

Their lower-end bags are amazing, but the mid-level ones are just exceptional.

Can you tell me which are the mid-level ones? Thanks!
Old 11-14-2019, 10:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMKC View Post
Can you tell me which are the mid-level ones? Thanks!
So Amazon pricing bounces all over the place and it can be hard to know what’s what based on price. The 20 series is as nice as the good GS mini type case, if not better. Available in lots of sizes and super affordable. There are two types of 30 series and frankly, the better one is almost overbuilt. Extra security straps over the zippers and such make it crazy secure, but more work to get in and out.

This particular one is exceptional and the one I think of as the middle:

Music Area WIND 20 Series Acoustic Bag - Green (WIND20-DA-GRN) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MS5VVYT..._2aJZDbZWHX2FN

This one is the higher end one and I think is almost overkill.
Music Area TANG 30 Series Acoustic Bag - Black (TANG30-DA-BLK) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY6PVQ8..._x5IZDbB8NABSM

The higher priced one is also amazing and at least at this moment $50-100 cheaper than it sometimes is with Amazon’s dynamic pricing. Free returns for Prime members so worth a try. It’s the only bag I use for my electrics and my grab and go steady for my acoustics. I’ve had mono and both levels of Reunion Blues and these are every bit as good for my money and cost way, way less.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr81dorn View Post
Check out MUSIC AREA gig bags on Amazon - they are from China and I think they just robbed all the high-end gig bag companies' patents. They are EXCEPTIONAL and way cheaper than comparable bags.

Their lower-end bags are amazing, but the mid-level ones are just exceptional.
Without a doubt the best bags. Keep checking the prices, they change dramatically. I bought multiple 30 series for less than $70 and they are way better than any other. The classical is a bit on the smaller side though
Old 11-15-2019, 07:37 AM

My wife uses a Gator Transit gig bag for her bass guitar. She looked around and found one on sale a few years ago. They are fantastic, and the straps are really comfortable. A couple of guys from church use these too, and they like them a lot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion