The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-14-2019, 04:07 PM

I played that very 00-28vs at Maple Street about three weeks ago for about 45 min. I wanted it soooo bad. It is a special guitar alright. The string spacing is perfect for fingerstyle tremmelo technique. The tone is superbly rich and sustains forever. It handles c-g-d-g-c-d tuning surprisingly well. I am glad that someone bought it who will appreciate it. Too bad I couldn't afford it myself. Congratulations.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Carr View Post
I played that very 00-28vs at Maple Street about three weeks ago for about 45 min. I wanted it soooo bad. It is a special guitar alright. The string spacing is perfect for fingerstyle tremmelo technique. The tone is superbly rich and sustains forever. It handles c-g-d-g-c-d tuning surprisingly well. I am glad that someone bought it who will appreciate it. Too bad I couldn't afford it myself. Congratulations.
Thank you, Ken! I appreciate the note! Awesome to get your thoughts on the 0028VS. That is really wonderful.

And yes, I can promise you two things - I'll wear that little beauty out! And, I'll be a Maple Street Guitars customer for life!

Thanks again!
Collings SJ- Sitka & Rosewood
'69 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top - original owner
'70 Sigma DR-7
'72 Ovation Folklore
Old 11-14-2019, 04:32 PM

Congrats on a nice guitar! I bought my lowden at maple street. Top notch shop for sure. A while back, I had an issue with something I bought there and was very impressed with how they handled it. That's how a guitar store should be run.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Dude View Post
Thank you, Ken! I appreciate the note! Awesome to get your thoughts on the 0028VS. That is really wonderful.

And yes, I can promise you two things - I'll wear that little beauty out! And, I'll be a Maple Street Guitars customer for life!

Thanks again!
Did not get to play that one, but saw it listed on Maple Street’s website. It sold quickly, before I could get to Buckhead.

I bought a 000-28vs from them 1.5 years ago, and love it. Never would have thought the wider neck would play so nicely. It’s a great guitar. I bet yours is too.

Great music store.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:03 AM

Wow! Got fooled on this one. 2014 post extolling the virtues of a guitar that’s listed for sale in his signature....

Feel like I’m in a time warp.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

I picked up a used 2009 00-28VS last year. I prefer the thicker neck and wider nut. It’s a wonderful instrument.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:52 PM

Any idea why they stopped making these? I’ve been wanting either the oo28vs or ooo28vs for like forever and I can’t seem to find them anymore at the local Martin distributor.
I don’t really want to get one sight unseen used either from reverb .. been buying guitars Long enough not to buy without trying .
Old 11-15-2019, 06:30 PM
Charter Member

They may have stopped making these because they could have been competing with the newer Authentic Series? At least that is what Ive read.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:54 PM

Oh ok which ones in the authentic series measures up to these, same 12 fret style?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion