The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-12-2019, 04:42 PM

As confirmed by RainSong on the phone, definitely no factory options for pick guards for the WS (or anything other than their 2 new releases).

Thanks for the replies in here. I will have to figure something out.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 11-12-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
There are quite a few if you Google "custom acoustic guitar pickguard." I've used Terrapin in the past.

StewMac or Luthiers Mercantile might stock a standard product with the right rosette diameter. Both of them publish engineering diagrams for their products on-line which makes it simple to see if they will fit.

By the way, the poly finish on CF of a RainSong is more scratch resistant then any plastic pickguard. I've played my main beater without a pickguard for many months at a stretch and the scratch marks are only in my skin oil. They clean right off. That said I still usually put something on my guitars and they look fairly trashy reasonably quickly.

Here is a static cling one I had made for 12-fret RainSongs. I'll mail you one if that is something you are interested in.

There is a guy on eBay selling weak adhesive clear pickguards for a Taylor T5. I take his product and use an Xacto Razor Compass to cut the sound hole.

All these thin clear options scratch more easily than a real plastic pickguard.
Thanks man. I'll take a look soon, consider some of what you said here, etc...

Cool
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 11-12-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
I suppose...I guess I didn’t think too much about that, because here in Canada I think I’d be out 10% if I didn’t keep the guitar after ordering it in...pretty sure that is the case...Need to confirm, but I’m quite certain that’s how it works with Long and Macquade up here...which I believe is the only authorized dealer up here...at least according to Rainsong’s site...

10% on a 3500 CDN guitar is a lot of cash to leave on the table so if I order one I’m fairly committed in my mind. I’m pretty confident that I would not return anyway.
Wow! Doing a custom order, and still having a right to return is pretty amazing....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber