The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-14-2019, 05:19 PM

I had a Yamaha NTX700, that, plugged in had a great sound. It’s thin body limited the pure acoustic volume. It was well built, lovely to look at, and had very solid electronics. It came with a soundhole cover to manage feedback when needed. I am a big fan of Cordoba’s acoustic models, across the entire price spectrum. I had a C5 that I loved but gave to my daughter. And my current, sole nylon string is a spruce topped Esteso and is pretty amazing. I recently played a GK Studio model in my local shop, and it played very nicely and sounded good acoustically. I did not plug it in to an amp so I cannot comment on that.
I am pondering a second nylon and am tempted by the Yamaha SG models, not because I do any live gigging but so I can play silently with headphones in the wee morning hours before the house wakens. But then, I really prefer just pure acoustic nylon guitars.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoretti49 View Post
I contacted Cordoba to clear up some confusion I had about the Fusion 12 series. You might be interested in what I learned.

The Fusion 12 (cedar top) has mahogany laminate back and sides, and an ordinary pickup installation.

The Fusion 12 Orchestra (cedar) has rosewood laminate back and sides, and a blended amplification system that uses both a pickup and a tiny microphone.

Neither guitar comes with a gig bag, although they did in the past.

There is also a difference in the fretboard wood.
My Cordoba GK Studio Negra flamenco had the blended system as well. Truth be told, I wasn't a fan of the internal mic and left it turned down. The under saddle pickup sounded pretty good though.

DanO
Old 04-24-2019, 05:42 AM

Default decdied on the 55FCE zircote

This is the OP. I ended up with a Cordoba 55FCE.

I would have preferred a radiused fretboard, and a narrower neck, but the sound and inspiration this guitar provides outweigh all that.

No way I could have checked all the boxes without just having a custom guitar made. This guitar, I am delighted with. I got a blemish at half price. Very happy with this Cordoba and it is going to get a lot of use. Thanks everyone for the advice and perspective.

I posted this :45 link separately, but wanted to share it here too in case anyone wants to hear the guitar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hViR...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-24-2019, 07:17 AM

Congratulations!!

enjoy playing that guitar!
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 05-01-2019, 03:18 PM

Congratulations on the new guitar. It was quite a search. And yes, it's best to be seduced by the sound as you play it in order to decide. That's why I walked out of McCabes with my C10 spruce. In fact, if I had been required to order one I don't know if I would have, since I would have been afraid it wouldn't sound JUST like the one I had played.

DanO
Old 05-02-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraisePicker View Post
Congratulations on the new guitar. It was quite a search. And yes, it's best to be seduced by the sound as you play it in order to decide. That's why I walked out of McCabes with my C10 spruce. In fact, if I had been required to order one I don't know if I would have, since I would have been afraid it wouldn't sound JUST like the one I had played.

DanO
DanO glad you are pleased with the C10. I'm pleased with the fce55 for sure, Cordoba definitely deserves a look for someone shopping for a nylon guitar imho.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical