The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-30-2013, 09:08 AM

Default Brent Benfield Guitars?

I played a couple of these the other day. Very nice! I played a cedar and a couple spruce models. Nice tone, and great separation. The cedar I played was pretty cool, the body was domed on the back, and domed on the top too. It was the first time I played a sound port. I really liked the sound, but I have no idea what the back and side wood was for the cedar model, it looked like maple burl or something? The wood had a lot of little "eyes", is the closest I could describe it. I played one that had some crazy frets angling off to the side, it was nutz! But is sounded very very good. Anybody else have any experience with Benfield guitars?
Old 07-21-2013, 12:17 AM

Default Brent Benfield guitar

I just bought that guitar you described. The back and sides are a beautiful lacewood, the top is a western red cedar and it plays like a dream! I would highly recommend Brent...he is a real innovator! Frank
Old 07-22-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopianki View Post
I just bought that guitar you described. The back and sides are a beautiful lacewood, the top is a western red cedar and it plays like a dream! I would highly recommend Brent...he is a real innovator! Frank
Yes, that guitar was a steal for the price! It really plays incredibly, kinda sad that the guitar is now bought! lol Beautiful guitar. Was his spruce guitar with crack still there? I liked how that one played a lot, but the frets where all crazy and angled near the headstock, cool and all, but crazy still. I really like the sound coming out of that one though...
Old 10-07-2013, 06:15 PM

Default Brent Benefield o

I know that his guitar with the angled frets is there...along with about 3 other guitars. I want to let everyone know what a remarkable person and luthier Brent is. After I bought the guitar I was having a problem with some buzzing on the D and A string. We arranged to meet at Jim McCutcheon's GuitarFest and he worked on the guitar for over an hour. Turned out the problem was more than a quick fix and he took it back to his shop and gave it top priority. Turned out there was a loose brace. Now I have the guitar back and it is incredible! I would recommend his guitars to anyone...he is a true master. And he doesn't even have a website...he builds them for the love of the craft. If you are interested in contacting Brent let me know and I'll send you his email address. My email is
[email protected]
Frank
I have sold my Benfield due to arthritis in my left hand. I am now playing classical ukulele. Thanks. Frank

Last edited by fopianki; 04-18-2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Update
Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 PM

Default Benefield

He does know how to build a classical guitar,,,
I would not hesitiate to get one myself if i were in the market,

Rick
Old 10-11-2013, 08:06 PM

Ya, the ones I played were all spectacular, and reasonably priced too. The saddles are the adjustable kind, to where you can intonate them perfectly, like on an electric guitar, but made out of bone. Very cool. They all had a very noticeable clarity, even the cedar, and they did have lots of "presence", as it's called.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:21 PM

Smile consider buying a Brent Benfield Guitar.

I know this is an old post thread.
But I really want to know, what is the reference price for Brent Benfield's classical guitar.
And i can not find any sound clip on internet. Any pomparable model I can refer to, and check its sound clip? Say Manuel Rodriguez Model FC, or Cordoba C12?

Since I recently consider buying a Brent's guitar. but not much reference I can find.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc307 View Post
I know this is an old post thread.
But I really want to know, what is the reference price for Brent Benfield's classical guitar.
And i can not find any sound clip on internet. Any pomparable model I can refer to, and check its sound clip? Say Manuel Rodriguez Model FC, or Cordoba C12?

Since I recently consider buying a Brent's guitar. but not much reference I can find.
Brent has a Facebook page - "brent.benfield". But I don't know that he is active on Facebook. I also notice that Elderly listed a used Benfield guitar, but it appears to have sold. I believe that McCutcheon Music in Centerville, OH carries his guitars, so you might check with them.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:48 PM

I see that McCutcheon Music in Centreville, OH carries his instruments, so you might try contacting them. They are listed in both Dayton and Centerville, Ohio - I don't know which is their location.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:37 PM

Thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical