The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-12-2016, 12:59 PM

Default Mackie ProFX8 (FX loop on one, Onboard FX on other)

Hey Everyone....thank you in advance if you can offer me some help here.

My question is this: if I am using a Mackie ProFX8, will I have the capability of using onboard FX on one channel while simultaneously using the FX loop + an external FX unit, on another channel.

I needed some more XLR inputs so I ordered this mixer today (to replace my little Behringer USB mixer). I am hoping to use the on-board FX to add some reverb, etc to my guitar signal on one channel while using the FX loop to bring in FX from a Digitech V300 vocal processor to my mic channel, at the same time.

Does this look doable? I'd rather not plug straight into the V300 because I'd like to be able to use those FX on more than one mic channel on the mixer.

As luck would have it, I also picked up an LR Baggs Venue and a Boss Looper pedal. I'm stoked! Going to be some jamming going on in my house this weekend!

Cheers!

Last edited by Normonster; 10-13-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:23 PM

I've never used any outboard FX units with my Mackie FX12, but I'm pretty sure that you would need to use the 'insert' jack on the channel for the outboard FX (as opposed to the mono send/stereo return jacks which are for the master mix). Then you would use the channel FX knob to keep the onboard FX off the inserted channel, and on any other channel you want it on.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD