The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-30-2015, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Default Tascam DP-008EX, 8 track digital "portastudio" - any opinions?

Anyone have any experience with the Tascam DP-008EX 8-track digital "portastudio"? I'm looking for a decent but simple (emphasis on SIMPLE) recording device. This little Tascam 8 track recorder looks very cool! It's an all in one recording "studio", with built in stereo condenser microphones (though you can override those with external mics of your choice), and more than adequate EQ, mastering and effects for my purposes. It seems pretty simple to operate, and generally has great reviews. I'm not looking to set up an elaborate home recording studio, and don't want to spend a lot of dough for something that is just for personal fun and enjoyment (I have no aspirations, nor the talent, to be a recording artist!). I just want something decent to record myself and one or two other musicians - guitars, vocals and keyboard, and that doesn't require a degree in engineering to use.

I just ordered one (about $150), but I can still cancel it, or return it if it's a dog.

Thought I'd see if anyone on the AGF has any experience, tips or opinions on this machine.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 12-11-2015, 05:43 AM

I have the Zoom 24 track recorder. I got a good deal on it as it was a demo. I am as old school as it gets. I can record tracks anywhere due to the fact it is portable. The built in mics are o.k. not the best

You should have no problem with the Tascam. I don't know how to use the unit to it's full potential but it is very easy to get up and running. The Tascam should be the same.

RPK

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Tags
dp-008, tascam