The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-25-2012, 01:00 AM

^even godin's 2" fretboards are radius'd?

Jitterbug & Foster, if you're still around (sorry for bumping such an old thread), but since you guys have experience with both, how much larger are the concert bodies?

Godin's site doesn't list body measurements, just mentions the concerts are larger, in addition to their wider fretboards
Old 02-21-2013, 03:15 PM

Let's bump this again.

I'm looking into a Godin Multiac for performance and recording. Which one do you like and why? Thanks - Landru
Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM

Default Multiac

I have the Multiac, my opinion is you need to play it hard to get a good sound out of it, at which point the sound is unique. I like mine, but it doesn't sound like a standard nylon guitar, imo. Here is a link of me playing, I either used an AD-3 or an Aphex xciter or an Art preamp, can't remember. Fun guitar to play. I think in terms of scale and nut width, you get used to it. I'll say this, it seems more stable from a tuning standpoint than a standard nylon. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP9ti...on5zrw&index=4

Last edited by DoryDavis; 02-21-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoryDavis View Post
I have the Multiac, my opinion is you need to play it hard to get a good sound out of it, at which point the sound is unique. I like mine, but it doesn't sound like a standard nylon guitar, imo. Here is a link of me playing, I either used an AD-3 or an Aphex xciter or an Art preamp, can't remember. Fun guitar to play. I think in terms of scale and nut width, you get used to it. I'll say this, it seems more stable from a tuning standpoint than a standard nylon. Good luck!

Hi Dory; Nice playing. Which model is this Godin Multiac? Oh - much more to listen to. Great work.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:46 PM

Default Sa

Thank you (i love that tune)! It is the Multiac SA. I have never used the synthesizer capability. But the RMC electronics I like, and have used this guitar for gigs, it has not let me down.

It does seem long and wide, I will admit. But I have enjoyed playing it. Also, my experience has been it needs to go through something before it hits the amp, some kind of processing. That's just me. Thanks again
Old 02-21-2013, 06:18 PM

Interesting...I just noticed they moved my post to this section.

Taylor GS8e (2007)
Taylor 310 (2000)
Taylor 214ce (2007)
Fender Stratocaster American Standard (1990)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster (2011)
Ibanez AEG 10NII (nylon) 2015
Old 09-05-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoryDavis View Post

Dredging this up from the past because I've been researching the Godin line of nylon-stringed guitars, and I wanted to give kudos to the (your, if you're DoryDavis) playing in this video.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:27 PM

I started this thread 5 years ago (wow!). I have a Godin Multiac to this day. With its synth access, superb quality and playability, it's one guitar I can't see myself parting with.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:33 PM

Cool. I'm brand new to nylon strings, but I'm already lusting for a Godin--probably the Encore. Any thoughts about the Encore and/or--if you've been able to play the Yamaha SLG200N--how the Godin compares with the newest iteration of nylon string version of the Silent Guitar. (I have an SLG200, and I like it a lot.)
Old 09-05-2015, 04:08 PM

I have a Multiac Duet Ambience
And I am more than satisfied with it.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Bought one. Liked it. Mostly.

Liked: tone, playability of the neck, design, 22 frets.

Disliked: when standing up it is too heavy, and the weight distribution is imbalanced, the headstock is too heavy. Meaning, when I let go of the neck while standing, the neck falls down. Prefer flat fretboard to radiused fretboard.

Then I happened onto a nylon Parker Fly and never turned back.....(enter guitar warp drive.....plays like a dream!)

Sold the Godin to a friend, who still plays it.

I have been seeing these 7 string nylon string Godins lately though....tempting....
Old 02-10-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway_61 View Post
Dredging this up from the past because I've been researching the Godin line of nylon-stringed guitars, and I wanted to give kudos to the (your, if you're DoryDavis) playing in this video.
Thank you Highway61! I happened to find this thread- I had traded my Godin a few years back but always missed it. Now I have a chance to trade for a Godin Multiac Grand Concert Duet Ambiance and was just looking over the current thinking on the board about these great guitars!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical