The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-04-2020, 11:17 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird View Post
I’d like to know how the electrical work. Give us specifics! Rpm, controls, motor etc.
6-8 RPM, on/off switch, no motor starter or fancy VFD, single phase (115/230) Leeson gearmotor. 1:1 drive ratio from motor to 1/2” output shaft.

Old 08-05-2020, 05:17 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Interesting. I hope it works things out and you don't end up nicknaming it "Chuck!"
OK, I must be slow this morning so please explain your nickname of "Chuck" to me Neil.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
I finally got my new gear motor and mounted it inside my rotisserie.

These are the handles which bolt onto two necks and two bodies. They will slip over the double ended output shaft so I can rotate a neck and body at the same time:

Here is a body mounted onto the left side.

And the neck on the right:

I shot a short video but my image hosting site doesn't allow me to upload videos. Any suggestions for a free and easy to use hosting site for videos?
Youtube?

It's both free and easy.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
OK, I must be slow this morning so please explain your nickname of "Chuck" to me Neil.
Lol, sorry it was a sadistic comment. When I took the Martin factory tour several years ago the tour guide showed us the robotic arm in the buffing booth and shared a story of the one time it didn't have a good grip and the guitar went flying about inside the booth. When my elder son did that with one of my guitars not only did I get into the habit of keeping my guitars in their cases but I took to calling him "Chuckie."
Old 08-10-2020, 05:57 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Lol, sorry it was a sadistic comment. When I took the Martin factory tour several years ago the tour guide showed us the robotic arm in the buffing booth and shared a story of the one time it didn't have a good grip and the guitar went flying about inside the booth. When my elder son did that with one of my guitars not only did I get into the habit of keeping my guitars in their cases but I took to calling him "Chuckie."
No apology needed Neil. I just didn't know what you were referring too but now I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop