The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-07-2019, 05:27 PM

Default Music search

The song "If I had a horse" by Dave Stamey came across my youtube video feed the other day. Never heard of this guy until then..but this song is really great. Problem is I'm have a hard time trying to transcribe it by watching him play it live. Appears to be very jazz influenced ( capoII C, C#dim, G, E9th, Eb9th, E7th) or close to that. Looks like he is playing a SCGC slothead 00 with just awesome, absolute AWESOME tone...really the best I've heard from a small body. Anyway, I've been searching for the music for this on line..no luck. Would anyone here happen to know the progression or have better luck deciphering it? Any help would be great.

Last edited by GHS; 12-07-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: info
Old 12-07-2019, 06:26 PM

I use the Ultimate Guitar app and they have that song and artist on their app. Not sure about the accuracy of it, sometimes they’re spot on and other times ......
Old 12-07-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
I use the Ultimate Guitar app and they have that song and artist on their app. Not sure about the accuracy of it, sometimes they’re spot on and other times ......
Thanks for the info...didn't know that existed...I will check it out.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHS View Post
The song "If I had a horse" by Dave Stamey came across my youtube video feed the other day. Never heard of this guy until then..but this song is really great. Problem is I'm have a hard time trying to transcribe it by watching him play it live. Appears to be very jazz influenced ( capoII C, C#dim, G, E9th, Eb9th, E7th) or close to that. Looks like he is playing a SCGC slothead 00 with just awesome, absolute AWESOME tone...really the best I've heard from a small body. Anyway, I've been searching for the music for this on line..no luck. Would anyone here happen to know the progression or have better luck deciphering it? Any help would be great.
He's playing a D-12 not an 00. Not a small body, more like a jumbo OM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write