The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-22-2019, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

I have an email for Harmon tech support. Are there any questions I can ask to help us? Cuki?
Old 11-22-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
This is good to know. I guess I shouldn't always go by what the reviews say. What size room/crowd is the Eon One Pro capable of playing to (in your opinion)?

Thanks, Roy
Roy,

I think it depends on crowd noise. If you're playing in a very loud bar, it's probably good to 50-75 people. If it's quiet, it will easy do a large room with 100-200 people. I've used it outdoors with success. All of these battery powered systems are limited in total SPL. So, more coverage in loud rooms means more speakers. That's why some people are finding success using two S1 Pros, for instance. They are small but two covers a lot of space. You could use two Eon One Pros, but that starts to get expensive. Like all sound reinforcement, you need to match the system to the venue.

If you know you're not going to play super high volume situations, and want useful 4 channels, and a battery, the Eon One Pro is a great choice. If you don't know where you're going to play and want a fully modular battery powered system, multiple Bose S1 Pros, or 8"-10" speaker(s) on poles with battery packs, probably gives you the most flexibility.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I have an email for Harmon tech support. Are there any questions I can ask to help us? Cuki?
Can the gain on the High Z channel 3 be increased via software update? If so, would it be digital gain, or would it enable the two stage fixed gain, like the other two channels?
Old 11-22-2019, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Can the gain on the High Z channel 3 be increased via software update? If so, would it be digital gain, or would it enable the two stage fixed gain, like the other two channels?
Actually the hi z channel does have a little more gain but still not enough.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Actually the hi z channel does have a little more gain but still not enough.
Exactly, that's why I'm curious.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Roy,

I think it depends on crowd noise. If you're playing in a very loud bar, it's probably good to 50-75 people. If it's quiet, it will easy do a large room with 100-200 people. I've used it outdoors with success. All of these battery powered systems are limited in total SPL. So, more coverage in loud rooms means more speakers. That's why some people are finding success using two S1 Pros, for instance. They are small but two covers a lot of space. You could use two Eon One Pros, but that starts to get expensive. Like all sound reinforcement, you need to match the system to the venue.

If you know you're not going to play super high volume situations, and want useful 4 channels, and a battery, the Eon One Pro is a great choice. If you don't know where you're going to play and want a fully modular battery powered system, multiple Bose S1 Pros, or 8"-10" speaker(s) on poles with battery packs, probably gives you the most flexibility.
Thanks & have a great Thanksgiving

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 11-22-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Great!

Can we have:
The Line input gain specification. (CH1-CH2)
The Mic input gain specification.(CH1-CH2)
The Hi-Z input gain specification.(CH3)
The Line max level (CH1-CH2)
The Mic max level (CH1-CH2)
The Hi-Z max level (CH3)
The inputs impedances for all channels.

Those information are on the EON61x specsheets so it is not confidential stuff.

Also
* is it bi-amped?
* Can a digital gain boost be added on channel 3 in future firmware/app updates
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/

Last edited by Cuki79; 11-22-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

My JBL eon compact will be in the house next Tuesday.

My 12 years experience playing live includes amps by Ultrasound,Fender,Vox,Roland,AER and most recently the Bose S1.

My review will be basic, geared towards a solo singer/songwriter, modest pedal board, K and K (plus Baggs align pre amp).My venues are senior center dining room,.farmers markets and the odd private gig.

Although I have 40 years experience with high end audio, impedance,watts,ohms,quarks are not my deal...just the sound....

Gabe
Old 11-22-2019, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargabor View Post
My JBL eon compact will be in the house next Tuesday.

My 12 years experience playing live includes amps by Ultrasound,Fender,Vox,Roland,AER and most recently the Bose S1.

My review will be basic, geared towards a solo singer/songwriter, modest pedal board, K and K (plus Baggs align pre amp).My venues are senior center dining room,.farmers markets and the odd private gig.

Although I have 40 years experience with high end audio, impedance,watts,ohms,quarks are not my deal...just the sound....

Gabe
Of course that is all I care about at the end of the day also... :-)
Old 11-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Mine's back in the box again after the update and another half hour playing. This time i also tried my Martin D Jr and Gretsch Roots resonator, both w/ OEM pickups, the Martin being active, tho neither are my main gig guitars.

I'm not going to dis the JBL because I know it'll work for other folks. I'm chasing tone and light weight w/ a usable stage volume for a 2-4 piece acoustic band w/o drums.

A shout out for Sweetwater, it just cost me $15 shipping back w/ their label to try out the JBL Compact. Speaking w/ an adviser at Sweetwater, he suggested trying the Yamaha DBR10 after discussing the JBL. I don't need a battery or bluetooth so the Yamaha is my next try, I'll find one locally for an audition.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenT View Post
Mine's back in the box again after the update and another half hour playing. This time i also tried my Martin D Jr and Gretsch Roots resonator, both w/ OEM pickups, the Martin being active, tho neither are my main gig guitars.

I'm not going to dis the JBL because I know it'll work for other folks. I'm chasing tone and light weight w/ a usable stage volume for a 2-4 piece acoustic band w/o drums.

A shout out for Sweetwater, it just cost me $15 shipping back w/ their label to try out the JBL Compact. Speaking w/ an adviser at Sweetwater, he suggested trying the Yamaha DBR10 after discussing the JBL. I don't need a battery or bluetooth so the Yamaha is my next try, I'll find one locally for an audition.
I also ordered from SW and that's good to know about the return ...

Gabe
Old 11-22-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:

You should also consider the QSC K10.2 while you're at it. For a group of that size you probably need a larger driver. You might also consider the HK Nano 608i.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:

The CP8 is a few pounds lighter than the DBR10 and in my A-B comparison it actually had a bit better bass response (as a bass guitar amp).
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 11-22-2019, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Default Comparison Video

Old 11-22-2019, 07:34 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, Aaron! I'll go with the JBL EON ONE Compact over the Bose S1. In your very first track, the Bose had distortion in the bass but the JBl was clear. Overall, when pushed a bit hard, I think the JBL will deliver better-quality sound.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification